Apple Replacement for a Verizon iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by courtma41, Oct 1, 2012.

1. courtma41, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

courtma41 macrumors newbie

I preordered my iPhone 5 through Verizon and received it on release day. Soon after activation I realized there was a hardware issue. The microphone would only work in speakerphone mode. After calling Apple to discuss the problem they offered to overnight me a replacement unit. Upon receiving the replacement I followed their instructions for swapping the SIM card. The new unit worked, and continues to work, perfectly. One small issue though. When I go to my online Verizon account it shows a message at the top on my device page that states, "Your SIM card is in a device that is not recognized by Verizon Wireless. Some services & features may not perform as expected."

Has anyone else seen this? I haven't noticed that any services are not working. I've successfully transferred contacts and used the My Verizon app. I was even able to do the Verizon software update last night (9/30).

Should I be concerned?

2. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Waste of time the problem is that Apple hasn't sent Verizon the IEMI numbers yet

3. courtma41 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's kind of what I figured. When I try to activate my IMEI # online Verizon says they can't find it.

4. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

hey i have the same issue.. it happened after i had to get my device exchanged yesterday night. On call with verizon, they are clueless :confused:

Anyone who knows how to go about this .. please do advice :)

5. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

I am having problems also with my verizon iphone 5 that I preorder the first day it was available. I ordered it thru verizon's website, not apple's. Can I still deal directly with apple to have it replaced or do I need to go to verizon for this.

OP did you preorder thru verizon's website or apple. Did you need to mail back the old one before the new one came to you. I am not near an apple store anymore so I cant just stop by.

6. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

Just setup a genius appointment with an apple store. They will replace it if they find issues.

7. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

Unfortunately I am not close to an apple store to have it replaced. The good thing was that I already contacted apple support just now and they are sending me out a replacement iphone 5 that should be here by Friday and are waiving the $29 express exchange fee. This is one reason why I keep on buying apple products throughout the years, great customer service Apple :)

8. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

I got the new replacement Verizon phone from apple today. Do I need to swap out the SIM card from my old iphone5 and put it in the replacement one. I just didnt know if you have to do this for a verizon phone.

9. mattsgigo macrumors newbie

Sorry to awake an ancient thread, but I am having the same issue ("sim inserted into device not recognized by Verizon Wireless" message on myverizon account) with my replacement iPhone 6. The first one I had, I got from a Verizon retailer and the replacement I got from the Apple store. For those of you who have experienced this, how was it fixed, or did it ever get corrected at all? Please help...thanks in advance!