Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey guys,

Have anyone been successful at getting apple to replace their screen at a lower cost than $299? I have an iPad 2 wifi that has a cracked screen (dropped on the corner). I think this will need to be swapped out by apple but I'm not sure how much it will cost. I don't mid paying, say $199, but $299 is lot to pay right before the new iPad comes out.

Anyone with recent experience with this please let me know :) thanks!

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
As usual with these situations, if it is your fault that the screen is damaged, you should expect to pay for it.

There are services that will get it done cheaper than $299, sure. Unfortunately you're going to have to do it yourself though.

This is like if you ran over a nail in the road. You can go to JiffyLube and get it done for $39, or grab a patch and do it yourself for cost. Up to you.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Many people I know have got a one time exchange free of cost. I think it is up to the manager and the genius that helps you at the store. Just make sure you slide him a $50.00 Starbucks card or something if he does hook you up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.