Apple Replacement iPhone 6....Verizon model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dw3bb10, Dec 19, 2014.

1. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

Long story short, I had a T-Mobile iPhone 6 replaced at the Apple Store. Contract free, though not unlocked. Heres what I want to know:

The device was originally locked to T-mobile. The replacement works with At&t sims as well (had one and was able to test). Running the IMEI on Swappa (as well as running through the Verizon IMEI checker) shows that this phone is eligible on Big Red too! THOUGH, the device still shows up as being "Financed" by T-Mo. My curious mind wants to know, are Apple Replacements just unlocked CDMA models? Can I use this on Verizon? Can it still be used on VZW if Blacklisted by Tmo? Swappa also says its Whitelisted....

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

All iPhone 6s have CDMA enabled. When getting the iPhones serviced, Apple doesn't differentiate between the T-mobile, AT&T, and Verizon models. So Verizon just added all replacement A1522 and A1549 models to their whitelist

Since your phone was financed however, it is still locked. If you call T-mobile and get it unlocked, it will work on Verizon as if it were a Verizon model

3. 617aircav Suspended

He said its unlocked and he tested it on ATT.

4. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Sometimes - just sometimes - TMo takes a while to update their systems with the phone imei and other details. For ex, it took them 2 months to update my new iphone in their system last year. Since your phone is financed, it will be locked down at some point by them.

If that doesnt happen, conrgats to you! Enjoy.

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I missed that part. In that case it will work on Verizon too.

6. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I believe AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon are all the same phones. Sprint is the only that that's different. Or they're the only ones that can't be unlocked.