Apple replacement parts policy.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mario.jr, Nov 26, 2010.

1. mario.jr macrumors member

mario.jr

Hey guys I need some help here.

This is the third logical board replaced in my MPB (Mid 2009), and now to my surprise when I plugged the headphone in the jack, the connector was soo loose, as it was used hundred times, I just need to barely to touch it, to get disconected. My old connectors were tight like new.
    Is apple using refurbished parts in my MPB ? Is that a normal policy, or just a local policy here in Brazil. ( yes ! apple dont care about Brazilian customers).

Thanks!

2. aimbdd, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010

aimbdd macrumors 6502a

It's normal for them to use refurb parts.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the Apple Warranty:

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

It's _not_ normal. The word is "serviceable" replacement parts. Meaning they must perform up to specification. Contact them and relay what the issue is, they will take care of it. Your job is to communicate the problem, they will definitely take care of it. Yours was simply overlooked.

5. mario.jr thread starter macrumors member

mario.jr

wow!

Thanks for the quick answers!!!
    Gonna contact then again.. :rolleyes:

6. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

Sounds like your up for a new computer to me. If you have 3 major parts replacement with applecare, and then need a 4th, you are eligible for replacement, you just need to ask for it. I was able to get a replacement macbook pro from them, using the same policy. So you may be able to get one as well.