Apple replacement problem, possibly itunes 9

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Samiamuel, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Samiamuel macrumors newbie

Apple replaced my 2006 macbook pro with a new 2009 model and it works fine, except one problem.

When im playing a song in itunes 9, not al the time but enough to be annoying either itunes song jumps and the whole mac will freeze for a split second and do this untill i stop playing the song or the song will play fine and for example safari will freeze for a split second and i can't do anything and it repeats until i stop playing the song again, anyone else had this or got any idea how i can fix it?

Btw new to the forum, hi :)

2. Samiamuel thread starter macrumors newbie

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If it's happening to one specific song, that item is probably damaged somehow. If it's happening to more than one but not all of the stuff in iTunes is affected, check to see if the affected songs are iTunes plus, protected content which isn't available without DRM, or if they're some odd audio format. Make sure iTunes/QuickTime are up to date, as well as the Mac OS.

4. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

you say replaced

so you had your laptop replaced ? What was wrong with the last computer and did you have the same software and song on that laptop? If so I take it played without problem? Or is that why you had your old Mac replaced with the new one?

5. Samiamuel thread starter macrumors newbie

my macbook was replaced due to a fault with the fan and after 3 repairs they decided to replace it with the new version, did not have any problems on the system.

It seems to be every song, i can't play anything without the lil beach ball coming when i try to do anything else. I imported my song's back from my brothers laptop using 9's family sharing but it will do it with song's that i got myself today as well from Itunes.