Apple Replacement Top Case Was Damaged?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by valleycattt, Sep 30, 2018.

1. valleycattt macrumors newbie

Alright guys, so last friday (Sep 21st) i took my Macbook Pro 2016 in to get the keyboard replaced because of sticky keys.

I Was told that it would take 3-5 days to be fixed,

said it was fine and decided to wait. today i was called that my Macbook was ready, i headed up there (45 mins away)

i waited maybe 20 mins and the manager comes out with the phone, she asks me to sign and hands me my macbook. then without saying a word, she leaves without going over what was fixed or anything. I stay to check that the macbook looks good, i immediately notice what seems to be a scuff on the side of the case.

On top of that, there are little bits of the mac that seem to have tiny scuffs on them.

so i call the manager back out, i show her everything and she says that in the notes the previous employee took (when i brought the Mac in) it was written that i had some scuffs on the mac.

But my mac was in MINT condition. Even the guy who helped me said it was in really good condition.

She says that because my old topcase had “scuffs” this one can too.

Now this didnt seem right to me, but her being the manager. i didn’t think to fight it

And now when i got home, the touchpad is lagging. The mouse cursor will stop, then continue moving.

This whole thing has been very stressful. I go a whole week without my laptop and i get it back in worse condition

Is there anything you guys recommend me doing?

if i can even do anything.

I took pictures of it and everything.

2. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

You could 1) go back to the store and show them their fix made things worse. Then if they don't make it right you should escalate it to their customer support over the phone and maybe consider sending it off so they can have a look.

It sucks but you'll probably be without it for another week.

3. valleycattt thread starter macrumors newbie

Mannn, i shoulda just not taken it in :(

4. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

Too late for my recommendation, which would have been to refuse the repair and have them make it right, rather than take it home in a lesser condition than I brought it in.

I am like you, I take extremely good care of my stuff and to receive it back with scuffs it didn’t have when I brought it in would be unacceptable to me.

5. valleycattt thread starter macrumors newbie

thats exactly what my mom told me, i just didnt think of it at the time.

Exactly, its a 1,000 laptop, any scuff/scratch will matter greatly to me.

i will be in contact with customer relations tommorow.
    im usually very unproblematic, but this did tick me off.

6. SDColorado Contributor

SDColorado

I would and tell them exactly what you just posted here. Tell them that you were so shocked by the condition of the machine you received back and the poor customer service that you received from the store, that it did not occur to you at the time that you should not have accepted it.

But now after you have calmed down, you are still very unsatisfied with the repair and want to reach out to them for assistance in making it right.

Stay calm and polite, but be firm that you are not happy with it and want it remedied and I believe you will find they will work with you.