All iPads Apple replacements

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Samtb, May 18, 2013.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

Is it just me or does every single replacement ipad (I.e. not from a retail box) have a defect? I think Apple just get defective iPads returned to them, change the outer casing and battery and hopes the next person doesn't notice the defect. This could be image retention, colour inconsistencies, backlight bleeds, backlight leaks etc.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I've never had a problem with a replacement device. They are individually tested unlike "new" devices right off the production line. I actually prefer the replacement, as weird as that sounds.

3. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

So have I been unlucky or is there something wrong with me?

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Could just be unlucky. I remember when the 4S came out, I had 3 new in box replacements all within the first week for screen and vibrate problems. I gave up and just asked for a replacement, the white box one, and the phone was perfect. Lasted me 18 months until the lock button decided to die on me.

5. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

Not sure if I should keep my current one. When you turn it to the side, you can see the led back lights but it doesn't seem to affect the display quality.

6. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

I figured that much out. Im now trying to figure out whether Ive been unlucky or whether im too obsessive over minor defects.

7. interfreak macrumors regular

interfreak

That's something only you and your psychologist can answer.

8. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

And I'm not telling!:cool:

9. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

10. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

It's probably because you're looking for defects.
    "image retention, colour inconsistencies, backlight bleeds, backlight leaks" Really? You're probably going to always get a little back light bleeding on an iPad.

11. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

I've actually spotted these during normal use.

12. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I don't think every one has a defect, but when I had an iPad 3, I exchanged mine twice to the apple store.

The first one I had was an open box Best Buy deal and it had a line of pixels that was dead or reversed colors, my first exchange had light bleed and a changing yellowish to pinkish hue across the screen, my final iPad 3 which I kept for 4 months before "sidegrading" to an iPad Mini was actually perfect. It had the best screen I've seen on an iPad and the battery didn't get as warm as the other two and lasted much longer too!

13. tazz3 macrumors regular

Aim posting from my refurb iPad 4 right now.
    I got it today its like a brand new device.
    And I saved a ton of money..