Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple plans to release the first beta of iOS 13.4.1 with bug fixes in the coming days, according to Israeli website The Verifier, which has a mixed track record.

The report also suggests that there will not be an iOS 13.5 update this year, which would not be too surprising, as Apple has never released a point-five iOS version like iOS 12.5 or iOS 11.5 in previous years. Instead, Apple apparently has three more bug fix updates planned for iOS 13, with a max version number of iOS 13.4.4 expected.

darkmode-ios-13.jpg

The Verifier has shared several Apple rumors this month, claiming that the next Apple Watch will support fingerprint authentication and that a Kids Mode is coming to tvOS. In the past, the website has shared some accurate rumors, but it was also wrong about Group FaceTime launching in iOS 11 and Control Center expanding to the Mac.

Keep in mind that due to the ongoing pandemic, Apple's software plans and timelines are likely more subject to change than usual.

Article Link: Apple Reportedly Plans to Seed First Beta of iOS 13.4.1 in the Coming Days

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
If there’s anyone on an A12 device and cares about jailbreak, you better downgrade to 13.3.1 as soon as possible before Apple stops signing it.

Reactions: jdavid_rp
Comment

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I’m having an audit issue with the mouse cruiser appears on my iPad screen for a few seconds after unlocking it even though there’s no mouse connected.

Other than that, from our uses Apple has made iOS 13 very stable.

Comment

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I hope it fixes the force touch issue I've had with Settings/Bluetooth (which other users have confirmed too).

And if iOS 14 is anything like iOS 13 in its release "quality", I might as well stick to 13.4.4 until 14.3 is out.

I'm experiencing force touch issues on the Magic Track Pad with 10.15.14 Catalina.

Comment

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
What fixed some of the weird issues I had with iOS 13 was a complete wipe, setup as new iPhone, and then restore from backup.

Comment

otternonsense

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2016
Berlin
I'm experiencing force touch issues on the Magic Track Pad with 10.15.14 Catalina.

Catalina .4 is such a sh!tshow on my 16" MBP! Load times take longer and I had to do an SMC reset just to recognise my external monitor again. Isn't software supposed to be improving over time?!

What fixed some of the weird issues I had with iOS 13 was a complete wipe, setup as new iPhone, and then restore from backup.

This has indeed helped me solve things in the past, but in my case I've only had my phone (11 Pro) since December. I find it ludicrous to make a complete wipe barely 4 months in. Also, that force touch bug is something that happens on both of my phones, so I fear even if I go into the trouble the result would be the same.

Reactions: decypher44
Comment

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Well, this would be my guess too. A point release to fill the time until 14 is released.

Comment

azentropy

macrumors 68030
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
A minor issue I'm having on my 2018 iPad 11 Pro is that the display of number of items/updats on apps leaves the red circle even when I view all the items. No number, just the solid red circle.

Comment

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Please move back the order of „open“ and „open in new tab“ on Safari. It’s driving me nuts. It’s been in the same order for years and now they suddenly had to change its order for no reason whatsoever in the latest release. I keep hitting the wrong one out of habit 😫

Comment

saudor

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Please move back the order of „open“ and „open in new tab“ on Safari. It’s driving me nuts. It’s been in the same order for years and now they suddenly had to change its order for no reason whatsoever in the latest release. I keep hitting the wrong one out of habit 😫
why do they do this all the time? the emoji/number button on the keyboard was also swapped across devices and even switches around in landscape mode. the mail icons was also throwing me off.

Comment

DrwMDvs

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2015
I've noticed for the Messages notifications. The REPLY button is now oriented at the top instead of placed on the bottom.

Comment

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Please fix mail on iPadOS!

And on iOS . They aint ever going to fix it, i gave up.
[automerge]1585664929[/automerge]
why do they do this all the time? the emoji/number button on the keyboard was also swapped across devices and even switches around in landscape mode. the mail icons was also throwing me off.

Because project managers like to have proof they added value and save their jobs.

Comment

PinkyMacGodess

macrumors 603
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.

I laugh sometimes at the things companies do. I sold home audio in the late 70's. From one year to the next, often vendors would change the layout of the controls, and *maybe* tweak the specs, but often it was practically the same 'guts', but they would change the layout, or make some knobs bigger, or, in one vendors case, they made a 'white out' version, exactly the same as the previous years stuff, just with a white face. One time, a vendor changed the 'nits' on the front from white to red. One vendor actually changed the 'guts' to weaken the specs, changed the front, added a digit to the model number, and raised the price! And yet I would see people coming in, drooling over the 'new stuff', and taking out loans and using credit cards to buy it because 'it's better'. Young kids who had bought last years model, lining up to buy this years model. Maybe that's why my 'home theatre' sound system is over 10 years old. It has all the features I need. I also have a Mac Pro, and haven't been able to upgrade since El Capitan. It probably *could* run Catalina, but it works fine right now, and I can't afford the price of a small car to get a new Mac Pro.

/rant 🤷‍♂️

Comment

otternonsense

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2016
Berlin
And on iOS . They aint ever going to fix it, i gave up.
[automerge]1585664929[/automerge]

Because project managers like to have proof they added value and save their jobs.

I've already given up years ago and been using Outlook instead. It's quite well made actually (because it was a poached startup and not an MS design, clearly, something Apple should have done with Sparrow before Google poached it and killed it entirely)

Sadly Apple shifted focus from design & engineering to textbook MBA project management since Jobs passed. Sad.

Comment

I7guy

macrumors Penryn
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Who else is getting tired of the many updates, and the rushed '.1' updates to fix bugs that *should* have been caught in testing. Or is it just me getting punchy after being locked down for weeks. *sigh*
It is what it is, they way I look at it. Software is an ongoing process, not an endgame. Actually with the lockdown and our lives coming to a grinding halt, an ios beta update is what's needed to cheer me up.
[automerge]1585666723[/automerge]
...Because project managers like to have proof they added value and save their jobs.
You really in your heart believe this? Because I'm hoping this missed the /s.

Comment

Johnny London

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
The Idea of trackpad integration into iOS 13.4 is great, albeit clicking doesn’t always work! I often need to touch buttons on the screen. Anyone else having this issue? A fix would be welcome.

Comment

anthogag

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
I don't like saying "hey siri" every (damn) time. Give us the option to use only "siri".

If I am using my Air Pods I don't like saying "hey siri" every (damn) time. iOS should know my voice and listen for commands like "increase volume", "lower volume", next song", etc. if music is playing without the "hey Siri" "hey siri" "hey siri"...............

• Disagree
Reactions: midkay
Comment

Babygotfont

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2016
I don't like saying "hey siri" every (damn) time. Give us the option to use only "siri".

If I am using my Air Pods I don't like saying "hey siri" every (damn) time. iOS should know my voice and listen for commands like "increase volume", "lower volume", next song", etc. if music is playing without the "hey Siri" "hey siri" "hey siri"...............
Yo Siri?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.