Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmagman

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
Calgary AB
I doubt it will tank off like everyone says in the next few weeks from the adrenaline push its going to get. Apple's magic number has been $420 for the past few months and I think that level will simply be bumped up to the $450ish support level. I've traded apple on earnings for years and thats what its done in the past.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Looks like tomorrow will be a good day for AAPL.

Share price should gap up ~$30.

These are monster numbers and guidance was good. AAPL should soar.

Sadly, those who have been in AAPL for a long time know that logic/rational thinking/common sense typically does not prevail. Watch for a mild bump, then a mild drop, then a gradual increase over the coming weeks/months. America's greatest business success story right now, but investors refuse to acknowledge it. AAPL should have been at $600 already.

Imagine if AAPL had the same P/E as Amazon. :mad:

This must be your first Apple call. Stock usually doesn't do well for whatever reason right after a call no matter what the numbers say

Amen. :(

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
What does "net cpu" "net iphone" "net ipad" mean in the chart?

Sales are sales. There is nothing subtracted from those sales numbers to call them "net"

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Make a sub-$500 Mac, and then maybe Apple can have Mac sales in-line with iPhone sales for once. You think a "majority" of iPhone users are Macintosh users? I really wish that was the case.

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
Just for giggles

Apple is a great company with wonderful products, but its run is up. It seems to me that innovation is beginning to run dry, and the stock price is overinflated. The stock has begun to fall already dropping from its $426 high. If the economy does not pick up and the company does not cushion its freefall, we could see new lows into 2012 -- maybe $85. Whatever the case, I see a rocky future and a new bubble about to burst. My recommendation: Sell.
November 29, 2011 http://seekingalpha.com/article/310800-the-apple-bubble-is-ready-to-burst?source=yahoo

Given the above analysis, we would be hesitant getting too bullish over Apple’s stock price potential in the near term as the call buying already seems to be reflected in the price. If you own shares of the second largest company in the country by market cap, we would be trimming back our position right now.
January 23, 2012 http://seekingalpha.com/article/321235-limited-upside-for-apple-ahead-of-earnings

How on earth is market “analysis” not border-line criminal?

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
And yet...the stock price stagnates. Does any company in the world get less credit for dominating their industry in earnings?

EDIT: oops, I spoke to soon. After hours stock just jumped from around +0.5% to +8% That's more like it. :D

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
When doesn't Apple beat all its' previous financial records? I feel like they've been doing this every quarter for a long time now.

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
Make a sub-$500 Mac, and then maybe Apple can have Mac sales in-line with iPhone sales for once. You think a "majority" of iPhone users are Macintosh users? I really wish that was the case.

If Apple could make one I’m sure they would, but simply put they don’t make crap computers.

macjonny1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Sadly, those who have been in AAPL for a long time know that logic/rational thinking/common sense typically does not prevail. Watch for a mild bump, then a mild drop, then a gradual increase over the coming weeks/months. America's greatest business success story right now, but investors refuse to acknowledge it. AAPL should have been at $600 already.

Imagine if AAPL had the same P/E as Amazon. :mad:

Amen. :(

No kidding you are so right! I bought a bunch though a couple months ago, knowing this would be HUGE, and it was. Either way I'm way ahead now. Just need to sell it before the inevitable dip.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Didn't Q1 2012 just start...24 days ago? How can they already be posting results?

Business calendar and our year calendar are not the same thing.

The fiscal calendar often times begin and end in September each year for many companies (same as the US government) but how they choose when to start a year is completely arbitrary. It does not have to line up with our year calendar at all.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
This must be your first Apple call. Stock usually doesn't do well for whatever reason right after a call no matter what the numbers say

This must be your first Apple call.

Apple stock goes up the vast majority of the time. Myopic investors just remember the times they feel wronged much more strongly than they remember the times it went up. Over the past 4 years it has gone up after earnings 70% of the time. Do your homework.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.