Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
That sounds really promising. Most GUIs out there are irritating. It's up to Apple to sort out this mess.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
Prior artwork

Pushing a consistent user interface layout between devices is nothing new. This concept was demo'ed at the MIT Media Lab over ten years ago. I saw the demo myself at a SigGraph. The specific demo was a media player on a big screen TV and a remote that also functioned as a chordless phone. I would like to see the specific claims.

Also, when these patent and patent app disclosures are written up here, it would be helpful to publish the patent application number so us interested can jump right to uspto.gov to get the specific claims.

!¡ V ¡!

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
I love that :apple: is thinking of developing this concept, however this is coming from a company that cannot standardize UI across it multiple applications within the same OS.

Isn't it ironic. :p;):D

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Not a bad idea, but it's a long way from any decent implementation, and by the time it gets there the details will be complex and force awkward design compromises. It's the nature of this kind of innovation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.