Apple resellers fault or mine?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Crown16, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Crown16 macrumors regular

Hi,

I own a macbookpro 13'' from june 2010. it had to be fixed 2months later because the illuminated keyboard failed, and the magsafe didnt work properly anymore ( didnt charge). After 6weeks i got it back. 2 weeks later i discover the mic doesnt work. so i go back and ask them if they forgot to connect it. they had changed the topcase in the first repair. so they say don't know well take a look. turns out the mic wasnt connected indeed. I figure okay honest mistake go and pick it up. they tell me i have to pay for the repair costs because there quote : not sure if it was there fault or my fault. so i asked them how the hell did that thing get disconnected if i did it. they said i might a vibrated loose, but the vibration would have to be very severe. i the most vibration my macbook gets is when im typing on it. but they still tell me i have to pay...

is it possible that the mic cable just vibrates loose..? Cause im feeling a bit conned

2. puttputt macrumors regular

Very highly unlikely that it came loose from vibration. You have to "pry" those connectors off.

3. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

Who did the repairs? Since it's under warranty you should deal with Apple directly and avoid resellers.

4. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

tell them their scammers and threaten to sue.

also go to an apple store and ask one of those people, but i HIGHLY doubt the mic can get unplugged from vibration.

5. Crown16 thread starter macrumors regular

the problem is, i live in the netherlands. we only have resellers here. I believe there opening an official apple store in a couple of months in amsterdam...
    If i were to deal directly with apple it would mean my macbook would be in repairs for atleast a month-6weeks. And i really need it for my college.
    Since this is the netherlands, sueing isnt as easy as in the US.
    think ill pay for the repairs cause if i start threatening there is a chance ill be missing my MBP for a hole lot longer :(.

Apple should just revoke the license of this reseller.

6. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

A couple of things you can do is to find another reseller or call Apple and open a case and send it in to them. Hopefully Apple wouldn't charge you but another reseller will.

It is unfortunate because based on taking apart a couple of Macs, I can say that the mic cable vibrating loose seems to be nearly impossible. I would report their behavior to Apple if it were me. It doesn't get you anything, but at least Apple will know who is handling their machines as a certified repair center.

8. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

I work at an Apple premium reseller and any repairs we do come with a 90 day warranty. The same should be true of your reseller (assuming it's Apple official of course). If anything like this happens, and sometimes it unfortunately does, we fix the problem free of charge. This place should do that too.

The problem has come up with one or two customers that have had their top cases replaced. I think you're well within your rights to blame it on them and if they don't take responsibility, report them to your equivalent trading standards.

9. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

wait wait wait. OP; are you sure the apple reseller is certified?