Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dd0tc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I'm thinking about picking up my wife's phone using this process but I wanted to hear how it has worked for some of you. The store is showing the model available, but what happens after I complete checkout? Are the lines typically long once you go to pick up your reserved phone? Any insight would be great! Thanks.

Ryhian

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Orlando, FL
I'm thinking about picking up my wife's phone using this process but I wanted to hear how it has worked for some of you. The store is showing the model available, but what happens after I complete checkout? Are the lines typically long once you go to pick up your reserved phone? Any insight would be great! Thanks.

I did this process today. Cancelled my att preorders on att website and then placed 2 separate orders on Apple site with store pickup. Received email from Apple within 1 min confirming they received my order and it was processing. 45 mins later received 2 emails stating my orders were ready to be picked up.

I printed out the first pages of those emails as it has a barcode they scan. When I got to the store there was a line specific to reservations. Waited about 3 mins In line then was with a rep getting my phones.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I believe that once you reserve the phone successfully via apple.com you will get an e-mail saying that your iphone is ready to be picked up, and you can just stand in the other line, which is the line for those that reserved the phone online, instead of having to stand back in the regular line.

Dd0tc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I believe that once you reserve the phone successfully via apple.com you will get an e-mail saying that your iphone is ready to be picked up, and you can just stand in the other line, which is the line for those that reserved the phone online, instead of having to stand back in the regular line.

Looking for more perspective from folks who have used it

hoodstrugg

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
It is the line for those that reserved the phone online, instead of having to stand back in the regular line.
c32

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
reserve line was like 4 people when I went, other line was like 100. In and out in 20 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.