Apple Reservations Over, First-Come/First-Served Only?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KC2, Jun 15, 2010.

1. KC2 macrumors regular

Here's a screenshot around 10:45pm EDT...Looks like reservations at Apple are officially over. What a S-show today.

[​IMG]

2. BlueRazor2 macrumors member

I hope the reservations come back up since I went online to check my reservation and it said that I deleted my reservation...... This sucks!!! :mad:

3. SethRogen macrumors 6502

Holy hell, your right.
    Are Apple Stores in the U.S actually sold out of reservations?

4. KC2 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm as surprised by this as you are...I wonder how many they allocated to each store, and how many are reserved vs. first-come/first-serve. Whatever they're doing is pretty effective for building hype (and alienating some customers), that's for sure.

5. auero macrumors 65816

I think it also has to do with the fact there is no white version at launch.

6. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

It is going to be a zoo at all Apple stores on the 24th. I really hope that they have a lot of security put in place.

7. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

From the looks of it, yes.

8. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

What they're doing is being overwhelmed by demand that they really didn't think would be there.

My guess is that Steveo is ticked. The upside of "hype" is vastly overwhelmed by the downside associated with alienation.

Apple is in this for the long run. They don't need artificial tricks to get people to buy their stuff.

9. KC2 thread starter macrumors regular

Given the way everything has gone today, nothing is a guarantee of course, but I think this is a pretty safe assumption:

No, I would say everyone that has a reservation/confirmation email is safe (for the entire business day Thursday). They're just not allowing anymore reservations and now it's just a game of who camps out earliest among those without reservations.