Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Does anybody know if reservations are coming back this year. Since they split the launch dates everything has got to be better as far as ordering and even supply since they ditched colors and 128gb...

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
Ya you reserve ur time to go in and pick it up. So much better then any other options

So I reserve a time slot to pick up my iPhone 8, 8+ and watch in my color/storage and pay for them when I get there correct?

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
No, for reservations you don’t pay anything Now. Only when you go into store. Just pick ur time slot and that’s it... it’s great but they didn’t do it last year..

Wait so doing preorder I can choose both iPhones and watch in color and storage and they will hold it for me? And pay when I get there?

snsking

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2013
No, for reservations you don’t pay anything Now. Only when you go into store. Just pick ur time slot and that’s it... it’s great but they didn’t do it last year..
Wasn't the RSVP only for the Apple Upgrade Plan? I remember the chaos of people getting declines and multiple inquiries on their reports

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Wait so doing preorder I can choose both iPhones and watch in color and storage and they will hold it for me? And pay when I get there?
Years ago I could reserve and pay in person when I picked up, but last couple years it was pay online with a credit card to reserve. No more option to pay in store at pickup.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA

But

Yup, you select reservation and the items you want and then pick the time and that reserves them for you! Then just go in like 15 mom before ur time and bam. In and out. Pay nothing now only when u get there. And it doesn’t matter what program you do. 2 years ago I did it with ATT upgrade. But be ready in case they don’t have reservations this year then u will have to pay Now and have it shipped. Or just wait in front of Store day of..

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
But

Yup, you select reservation and the items you want and then pick the time and that reserves them for you! Then just go in like 15 mom before ur time and bam. In and out. Pay nothing now only when u get there. And it doesn’t matter what program you do. 2 years ago I did it with ATT upgrade. But be ready in case they don’t have reservations this year then u will have to pay Now and have it shipped. Or just wait in front of Store day of..

I'm just paying full price for all. Does that matter?

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Years ago I could reserve and pay in person when I picked up, but last couple years it was pay online with a credit card to reserve. No more option to pay in store at pickup.

I did it 2 year ago. Didn’t pay a dime to reserve. But last year they didn’t sell any iPhone pluses in the store at launch so they canceled reservations all together. I have not got a straight answer on reservation this year if they are going to have it or not... so who knows

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
I did it 2 year ago. Didn’t pay a dime to reserve. But last year they didn’t sell any iPhone pluses in the store at launch so they canceled reservations all together. I have not got a straight answer on reservation this year if they are going to have it or not... so who knows

This sucks

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
I'm just paying full price for all. Does that matter?

None of that matters, IF they have reservations. Who knows maybe they changed how they do things I’m just saying how it was the last time they excepted reservations..
[doublepost=1505457497][/doublepost]
This sucks
Yup, we will know in 20 minutes. The reservation is usually at the top somewhere little blue button if they have it..

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Yup, they allowed it. 8am for me too! I live in a place where my Apple store is in a small city so it’s easier..
[doublepost=1505459669][/doublepost]

They allowed it bro, pickup at 8am
So you didn’t have to pay first with credit card, Apple in Canada doesn’t give the option anymore to pay in store at pickup?

Last edited:

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
Yup, they allowed it. 8am for me too! I live in a place where my Apple store is in a small city so it’s easier..
[doublepost=1505459669][/doublepost]

They allowed it bro, pickup at 8am

I didn't choose 8 am lol but chose 2 pm. Hopefully my work doesn't get in the way

Renho

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
So you didn’t have to pay first with credit card, Apple in Canada doesn’t give the option anymore?

I didn’t pre order, I’m waiting for the X. But I went through the steps to see if reservations were going to be happening and yes it was going to charge me. But at least they had reservations! Hope it’s like that for the X

Reactions: Breezygirl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.