Apple Reserve & Premier FAN #

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jasonhoutx, Jun 16, 2010.

1. jasonhoutx macrumors newbie

Just spoke to apple to see if I would run into any trouble with a reserve at their store and the fact that have a ATT Fan Account. He said the only way to walk out with a iPhone is to pay full price. Att is the only ones to be able to jack with a FAN account.

Just a heads up if you are a business account with a reserve at the Apple store.

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

BS. I have a FAN account and have done this 3 years in a row. There was a problem 2 years ago, but they fixed it before last year. I went into the Apple Store and paid the upgrade price no problems.

3. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I was wondering the same thing because I had a problem with my 3G purchase at the Apple store 2 yrs ago. For 3GS I went to AT&T store and had no problems. This year, I'm going to the Apple store again, I hope it's going to be no problem. I'm tempted to remove the FAN discount for a few weeks.

4. h4a5r macrumors member

h4a5r

I'm in the same boat.

It all depends on the kind of FAN and Premier account that you have. The only way I have seen to find out if you will have trouble is to check Apple's eligibility page. If you get a message like this:

[​IMG]

then you are S.O.L. and you have to order through AT&T. If you get a different message or are sent through to the ordering process, then you are most likely good to go ordering at the Apple store.

I have confirmed this with both my local Apple store and two different AT&T reps.

Good luck!

5. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

my account has a 25% fan discount and i reserved it through apple no problem.

6. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

You can reserve it, but OP says purchasing it may be a problem.

7. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

So what's the final word on this? Can I pick up the one I have reserved at the apple store and activate it on my Premier line?

More detail: I have one Premier line (3GS currently) and 2 3GS phones on a AT&T family plan. I used one of those to make the reservation at the apple store for the one I could get before server failure blocked me out.

So: do I have to activate on one of my family plan lines or can I put the device on my premier line?

8. emaja macrumors 68000

I did it for both the 3G and 3GS, so unless they have changed it this time, I call shenanigans.

I tried to pre-order from Apple.com, but since I was adding a line it wouldn't let me and directed me to AT&T. I didn't feel like standing in line this time, so I pre-ordered from AT&T and everything is progressing like it should according to their order status page.

9. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

How could they block it? At the very least you could get the new phone as a new non-FAN account, otherwise what would happen to someone who owned their own business and wanted a business and a personal phone?

10. ducktales macrumors regular

i got a FAN and I ordered a phone for 1 of my lines through Apple.com.