Apple Responds to iPad Pro and Apple Pencil Tweets in Two New Ads

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 9, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today uploaded a pair of new iPad Pro-specific ads to its YouTube channel, each focusing on the advantages of owning the 10.5-inch or 12.9-inch iPad Pro.

In the first video, a Twitter user asks, "What's sooo great about the Apple Pencil?" Apple responds that its stylus is just like a real pencil and that when users write on an iPad Pro, "there's basically no lag."

In the second video, someone on Twitter is asking for a "more powerful computer," so Apple recommends that they try out the all-new iPad Pro and "unleash the fury" of its A10x fusion chip.

The new ads are a continuation of Apple's recent Twitter-based campaign, which sources real questions and comments from users on Twitter and uses actors to hold up the signs and do the voiceover work.

Article Link: Apple Responds to iPad Pro and Apple Pencil Tweets in Two New Ads

2. brendu macrumors 68020

That "power" ad is annoying. I get what they were trying to do but it was still annoying.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I actually thought it was funny towards to the end. But like you said, they're trying to get the point across with the power of the A10X Chip and the overall performance. These ads are quick and concise, just getting to the point and not drawn out.

4. Billberryjuice macrumors 6502

Billberryjuice

5. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

The second ad sounds more like a race car ad.

6. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Did Apple got the inspiration to use Twitter from the Burger King commercials? o_O

7. BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

I think the "power" ad is hysterical. Love it.

8. macfacts macrumors 68030

macfacts

The extra 15 seconds of blank video is a big fail.

9. Kaibelf Suspended

Kaibelf

That's the parody angle they were going for. It very much reminded me of this bit on Family Guy for lasik eye surgery:

10. CrystalQuest76 Suspended

Very simple ads and different. I miss the ads that very quickly showed the very diverse and professional uses and iPad could be put to. From data gathering for scientific research to field learning tool to Recording and sharing powerful social messages. By showing all the different uses the devices could be used for, the high prices for the products could be more easily rationalized. The power ad and its focus on gaming may be all and good for kids and parents with too much money on their hands. The reality is, that a less expensive iPad will more than meet the needs of a gaming and media consumption customer.

11. Sheza macrumors 68000

Sheza

12. truthertech macrumors 68000

You need to rewatch the power ad. It focuses mostly on a developer using it, not a casual gamer.

13. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

CAN YOU FEEL THE POOOOWWWWER?!!

Yeah, I can! I guess I won't be buying the new MacBook Pro!

ERM, WAIT! MAYBE DO THAT INSTEEEEAAAAD!!

14. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

It's supposed to sound like that. It's a parody of Jan Gabriel's Sunday, Sunday, Sunday dragstrip ads.

15. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

No idea, but all ideas, all of them, are derivative of something that came before it. Maybe a direct copy or maybe a subtle twist of something that someone doesn't even recall being exposed to, pretty much all ideas are an amalgamation of things already done and seen. That's the way it works. The question is, is the new idea permutation effective at achieving its goals?

/buzzkillington out

16. MacsAre1 macrumors member

MacsAre1

I reached to tap the pause button on the Pencil ad because I thought my S7 Edge was lagging. Dang it, you got me, Apple.

17. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

Any one know what video editor is being used in the Shark Power part of the ad?

18. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

The last ad reminds me of the classic “blast processing” ad from Sega.

19. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

The pencil ad shows a little lag when writing so I was lmao

Second video feels like a 90s commercial

20. ShufromChina macrumors member

ShufromChina

It took me 5 rewatches to figure out what the last part means, in the pencil ad.

21. anthorumor macrumors 6502a

Brain must be lagging.

22. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

The "Power" seemed very un-apple like, but it made me chuckle at how ridiculous it was. Like those Old Spice commercials. I kind of liked it as a one off ad.

23. MH01 Suspended

MH01

The power ad is so unlike apple, but I like it

24. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think Apple is taking a different direction with these advertisements. They're trying to install a little humor and creativity with these iPad ads. But there quick and short, and they keep you thinking. I think Apple does a unique job with their marketing. Each product has its own marketing style.

25. Jakexb macrumors 6502a

I've loved all of these except for the "power" one. The mocking tone doesn't really suit the Apple brand well. And I'm not entirely sure if it's actually saying that the iPad Pro has power or just making fun of the people focused on the idea of a "powerful computer". Maybe that's the point? Just think the tone was a bit off.