Apple responds to white iPhone 4 news

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 0dev, Oct 29, 2010.

1. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Crap, can't watch Youtube at work...

Synopsis?

2. smash1031 macrumors member

It's BS.

3. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

No, it's a parody, have a sense of humour eh? :rolleyes:

4. jcole31 macrumors regular

Apple's real response seems to be "What white iPhone 4?"

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yeah, its another not funny parody of apple that the 13 year olds will love. Once you go black!!!! I never heard that before!!!

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I do which is why I can say it's not funny.

Don't get me wrong, there certainly are funny parts to it. It's not all bad. But I can't really respect a video that thinks that saying "Apple has 1 black employee" is a joke.

Not that it's offensive, mind you, but it's not based on anything. There are several of them at my local Apple store. (It would be funny if it were close to true!) It's only parody if it parodies real life. Do the same joke with a 50 year old Korean woman and, ok, then that's at least based on something recognizable.

That's the main problem with the video...it really doesn't feel original. They seemed to have just crammed in every cliche and trope they've seen on TV and just strung them all together. For example, are they using the "once you go black..." line ironically to make fun of it? I'd like to say yes but I have the sinking feeling they actually think it's funny on it's own.

And furthermore, it starts off as if it is an Apple promo but halfway through they're saying "Apple this" and "Apple that." Ok, so now they're critics? Or something? Why is the "VP of Cameras" asking us about the cameras. Shouldn't he know? What happened to the original setup?

It's just all over the place.

7. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

Thats freakin hilarous!

Why don't you just buy an evo... or a droid,2.... they apparently "does".

LMAO