Apple retail store has been closed all week

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Qbiinz, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Qbiinz macrumors newbie

So the apple retail store in San Luis Obispo, CA was closed all last week. Anybodyelse's apple store also closed?

I wonder if they're training the employees on the new product line about to be released. Or maybe just doing a remodel or the store(probably more likely).

The store opens back up tomorrow, I hope they have the new line of mbp's. I've been waiting months for them to refresh the line with the new ivybridges. The anticipation is killing me.

2. Destroysall macrumors 65816

The store in Scottsdale Fashion Square closed up entirely and a Microsoft store was opened, which was a total surprise. :confused:

3. tinybruk macrumors newbie

Manchester UK Arndale store has been closed for 2 weeks, looks like it is being extended (almost double size) and completely refurbed. I expect it will reopen today for the WWDC. Heres hoping...?

4. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

One of our closest stores here was closed for nearly a month. They opened a temporary store in the old Sony Style store that closed. They bought out the store next door and expanded the existing store and basically kept the same layout on the sides, just more than doubled its size. (and it's still too small) Stores closed are likely going through a refurbishment/expansion, and those with no opportunity for a temporary store are odd but I guess they figure in the long run it's worth it...

5. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

Moonjumper

Any store needs a refit from time to time. Apple probably time them so that they are open whenever there is a launch. Hopefully more of them will get extended. The Manchester UK Trafford Centre one was easier to get into after it was extended, but still crowded.

6. aristobrat, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

aristobrat macrumors G5

7. joshualander macrumors newbie

Welcome to MR, Mr. Ballmer!

There is not (nor has there ever been) an Apple Store in Scottsdale Fashion Square.

8. Destroysall macrumors 65816

Hold on...OH, my apologies. I confused it with the Biltmore. :eek:

9. derrranged macrumors member

Somerset?

10. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

Yes. It's crowded most times I get down there, which isn't often... Although I spent about four hours there last week with an iMac that went totally psycho. It died so many ways that they couldn't give me an estimate on how long it would take for the repair. :( I haven't been to Twelve Oaks in years, but I imagine that it was renovated.enlarged too.

11. derrranged macrumors member

12 Oaks

No. 12 Oaks has not been expanded. It DESPERATELY needs this kind of attention, but sadly, has not yet been deemed worthy of the overhaul treatment.

12. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

Wow. They must not get much traffic then. It seems like an OK mall. The food court needed some work from what I remember...

I'm just bummed that I have to drive so far to get a fix... :(:apple::D