Apple Retail Store interview soon!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Brandnew70x7, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Brandnew70x7 macrumors newbie

One question really. As a male, WHAT in the world is the attire for these things? My friend who works there said just dress how I normally dress, but I'm kinda shaky on that. I had an interview for a store that tries to be like Apple and I wore a Diesel Blazer and some black dress pants and I overdressed, the managers were in jeans and shirts. What style am I aiming for.

Thanks in advance ladies and gents.

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

I would either way nice khakis and a button up shirt, or jeans and a nice shirt. Better to look better than you should than like a bum

3. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Want versatility?

Khaki pants and a nice polo shirt.

Or jeans and a black turtle neck if you want to Steve Jobs the interview. Yes, "steve jobs" is a verb.

4. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

Honestly, you don't need to dress in anything fancy. The normal work attire for Apple employees is the shirt and [jeans, shorts, khakis, whatever].

Thus, jeans (preferably without holes or rips) and a shirt...maybe a polo or something, just nothing with stains or profanity or objectionable images. They're really just looking for your personality to come through, because they're not really looking for extensive knowledge of Apple product at this point; they're really just looking to see if you'll fit in the store environment, and whether they think you'd be able to deal with customers well.

5. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

And for goodness sake don't mention this site!

6. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

For any interview, regardless of the company, you want to dress a step up than what you'll be required to wear for the job. It shows respect to the company and the person who is interviewing you.

I was an Lead MG for Apple for quite some time. At my first interview I wore a tie and slacks and was told they appreciated it.

That said, the whole Apple retail deal is getting more and more laid back. A tie might be overdoing it, but I'd strongly suggest not showing up in anything less than business casual. Khakis and a collared shirt, for example. No jeans, no t-shirts.

7. c073186 macrumors 6502a

LOL; yeah, I would not say, "And I also frequent a Mac Rumors forum where we all discuss what products Apple will release and when."