Apple Retail Store opening in Lexington, KY

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by amethystjw, Jun 24, 2010.

1. amethystjw macrumors member

amethystjw

Today my wife heard from a customer at work that he was delivering materials to Fayette Mall for construction of the new Apple store. I'd heard rumors of a Fayette Mall location before but nothing as concrete as this (pun intended). Sweet! No more driving to Louisville!

2. bamaworks macrumors 6502

3. clbw macrumors newbie

Apple store has logo on the front of the temporary wall

IMG_2033.jpg

4. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I saw this last weekend. Finally. I wonder when it will open. My only question is, why the mall? That place is such a pain to get to and get around in. The more upscale areas in Hamburg would have been so much better IMO.

5. rk21jc macrumors newbie

I agree. I think Hamburg would have been better. They could of taken over the old Circuit City location.

Regardless, I'll take it. Any ideas when it'll open? I've heard July. If it's early July, I'm going to wait to buy the new iPhone there.

6. amethystjw thread starter macrumors member

amethystjw

For what it's worth, I strongly prefer Fayette Mall to the congested mess that is Hamburg. I dread going over there. The mall is pretty busy but it's not a gigantic confusing maze of traffic. That said, I'd be happy do deal with Hamburg if there were an Apple store there!

7. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Either way, having an Apple Store anywhere here in Lexington will be so much better than having to drive to Louisville where after an hour drive, you still have to deal with a fair amour of traffic at the mall. So, I'm just happy we are getting one:D

8. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

This will be a good alternative to the Cincinnati store if need be. There are rumors that another Apple Store will come to Cincinnati, I can only hope so.