Apple Retail Store - Order

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by faffoo, Aug 4, 2008.

1. faffoo macrumors 6502

Hi,

I am going to buy a iMac at christmas. My local Apple Retail Store is in Glasgow. I am not going to be buying a box standard iMac. I will be adding a bigger hard drive and a wireless mouse. I would like to get my mac from a retail store. I do know that you cant buy a personalised mac from a reatail store straight away.

My Qeustion:
    1. Can I order my mac over the phone with the changes and then pick it up in store at a later date.
    2. Are Apple good with stock of iMacs at Christmas.

Thanks in advance.
    :apple::apple::apple:

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

christmas? This thread is a few months too early ain't it?? :eek:

1. You can order on the phone but to the best of my knowledge there is no store pick up. They'll ship it to you. If you want to get it in store, you'll have to buy it in the store itself.

2. I'm confident Apple makes sure they have ample stock for the Christmas buying season. They do some good business there.

3. faffoo thread starter macrumors 6502

Christmas???

I can almost touch christmas now. You would not believe how long i have been waiting for this mac. I have been saving for ages now. I am only 14.

If i order over the phone is it maybe worth just ordering online. Also how long should I order before christmas to ensure it arrives for christmas.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Wow. I can almost remember those days. ;):D

You should be pretty safe waiting to order until the calendar rolls over to December.

5. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

I totally understand how you feel. Ordering over phone and online is no big difference really.

If you prefer to take your time and are more of a visual person who prefers to see what he's ordering, reviewing the options etc. then order online. If you like speaking to people, order over the phone.

Well, I think shipping season gets pretty crazy then. So i'll suggest just to be very careful, order it last week of november or december 1st. :p

Better it arrives early then late :( because in any event you probably won't receive it till after the new year then.

Besides, if it does come early you can put it under the tree and stare at it whilst it taunts you :D

6. faffoo thread starter macrumors 6502

This is a bit off orriginal question but what do you guys think of my proposed spec.

Standard £1149 24 inch iMac or $1799.
    Hard drive upgraded to 500gb.
    Wireless Mouse
    iWork. At a later date.
    Apple Care at a later date.

7. jroller macrumors regular

Love it. Add up to 4 gigs of RAM (order from someone other than Apple) if you can afford it.

While it is hard to stomach, AppleCare is without question an investment you want to make. I hope you never have to use it, but if you do, you will realize how small an investment was.