Apple Retail Store will not accept Apple Watch returns

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by urbancity, Apr 25, 2015.

1. urbancity macrumors member

I was just at an Apple retail store to return my 38mm (too small) and was instructed that because the Watch is sold online exclusively I have to log in to my account to create a UPS return label and mail the Watch back. The store would not accept the Watch and refund the money on location.

Just a FYI

2. pmau macrumors 65816

I think that's fair. They have to associate it with your order and you have no Apple Store Invoice.

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Did they bring up the possibility of swapping out the band?

4. Nufc_joe macrumors member

I just phoned apple and they told me to take to store... strange.

5. NEvolution macrumors regular

Not sure which market you're located in but I can confirm that in-store return and exchange is possible in Hong Kong.
    It's basically the store doing the online return/exchange process for you. They acquire a RMA number from online store to which Apple Online Store processes it and returns the money to your method of payment.

6. secondtonone macrumors newbie

They may help you with the process of returning the watch to the online store.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Online orders could always be returned to a physical location per their return policy. Wondering why this is the case. Maybe to discourage people from going with the return and just doing a band swap to not lose money.