Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbancity

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
I was just at an Apple retail store to return my 38mm (too small) and was instructed that because the Watch is sold online exclusively I have to log in to my account to create a UPS return label and mail the Watch back. The store would not accept the Watch and refund the money on location.

Just a FYI

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
I think that's fair. They have to associate it with your order and you have no Apple Store Invoice.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I was just at an Apple retail store to return my 38mm (too small) and was instructed that because the Watch is sold online exclusively I have to log in to my account to create a UPS return label and mail the Watch back. The store would not accept the Watch and refund the money on location.

Just a FYI

Did they bring up the possibility of swapping out the band?

Nufc_joe

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2011
UK

Just a FYI

I just phoned apple and they told me to take to store... strange.

NEvolution

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Hong Kong
Not sure which market you're located in but I can confirm that in-store return and exchange is possible in Hong Kong.
It's basically the store doing the online return/exchange process for you. They acquire a RMA number from online store to which Apple Online Store processes it and returns the money to your method of payment.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
They may help you with the process of returning the watch to the online store.

Online orders could always be returned to a physical location per their return policy. Wondering why this is the case. Maybe to discourage people from going with the return and just doing a band swap to not lose money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.