iPad Apple retail stores matching the $479 Walmart price.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HKPDW, Nov 1, 2013.

1. AppleRobert macrumors 603

2. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Are they price matching $479 and including the $25 giftcard. If that’s the case I would buy. Otherwise I would get the retina mini.

3. bobright macrumors 601

Headed to Best Buy right now what's this about a gift card?

4. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I bought mine at Walmart for 479. Local Sam's Club is selling them for 494.

5. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Not surprised the Ipad air has not sold well on the first day according to best buy. Woman told me they had "plenty" of supply (this was at 1pm, 5 hours after store opened) and that they sold "a few". I'm in NYC and this location is in a highly trafficked area.

Looking at the other threads the Air has taken a step back in terms of form, feel and memory allocation.

6. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

"plenty in stock" and "not selling well" do not mean the same thing.

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Same here. No one got one out of the folks on line at the time.

8. msingh7 macrumors newbie

bestbuy didn't honor the walmart price for me, saying they aren't price matching apple products. complete BS so il just take it to another best buy in the area later to get the price match.

9. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Lol a step back? Umm no. I have one in my hand and an iPad 3 still in the house. The screen is softer and the body lighter but still feels very much like a premium product.

10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Some locations play ball if they want your business. Apple products do not usually qualify for PM with online ads.

Mention Target as well, it may help.

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Hmmm...ordered mine online for in-store pickup. Anybody know if they are doing this on the other models as well or just the $499 units?

12. msingh7, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013

msingh7 macrumors newbie

Yeah i know some Best Buy's are pretty bad about it, I worked at one for 5 years a while back and know how they run for the most part. Any product in a local ad from a major local competitor is price matched, even products on Amazon that are sold by amazon are price matched these days. The manager at this one was an idiot pretty much, il be calling the 1-888 number to get it adjusted or go to another store.

UPDATE: called best buy and explained to them the situation, they are issuing me back the credit. They don't usually do post sale matches but in my situation where they told me they don't price match (when they do), they were able to make the exception.

13. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

Anyone for sure confirming apple store price matching?

14. M87 macrumors 65816

I didn't pick up in store, but I called apple after ordering my 128GB Air to see if they were matching Wal-Mart and I was offered any case I wanted. I just opted for a Smart Cover, though they were willing to do it on the Smart Case as well. Better than 20 bucks off in my opinion, you need some kind of case or cover anyway.

15. babbit macrumors member

My BestBuy already sold out of all the 128GB models and even some of the 64GB LTE models by the time I went to pick up mine. I guess it really is location dependent.

16. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

Seriously? A free $80 case if you wanted? Damn how can I finagle my way into this with a 32gb model lol

17. superflush macrumors 6502a

I just picked-up in the Apple Store, and they wouldn't do it.
    It doesn't seem typical of Apple to do a price match for a day. I wonder who 9to5mac "confirmed" it with.

18. M87 macrumors 65816

I guess it depends who you speak to. I called really early, it was only a couple hours after they went on sale. Not sure if that might have somehow made a difference in how they handled it. He did also say he could just match the Wal-Mart price if I preferred that.

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Did you call the store or customer service?

20. pocky macrumors regular

I'm scheduled to pick up in store tonight, I ended up calling APPLE and I mentioned to her there were people getting price match or offered smart covers. So she asked which I preferred, so I told her I would like the covers.

So I'm getting two smart covers shipped for my 2 iPad airs, BUT this is a big YMMV.

21. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

Geez I just have NO faith that it would work out for me...did you get 16gb models?

22. pocky macrumors regular

Yes, I ordered 2 16GB models. Don't get me wrong, there were no resistance; but I was being very nice and respectful being fully aware that she can say no.

23. Geckotek, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Just called and was shot down for a PM. :(

Edit: I'm an idiot. There is no price diff to match on the higher end models. Duh

24. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...