Apple return policy? on eyetv

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Silver-Fox, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

hi

i was looking to buy an eyetv but im not sure what the signal will be like in my area? so would it be possible to send back to apple if no signal can be recieved in my area

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

This has nothing to do with Apple as Elgato is the company who makes the eyeTV. Maybe contact them to find out if they know whether you'll get any reception in your area. :)

3. MK2007 macrumors regular

If you ordered it from Apple, you must check their return policy. Having used one of these units, I can say that you better have a good antenna. The advertising makes it sound like you can just put a small antenna on your desk. This isn't so. There is a good chance that you will get some signal, but that it will have too much noise to be usable. I sold my eyeTV. It wasn't worth the effort for off the air reception even in a large city. It can be used with cable quite well, though.

4. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

5. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Obviously never heard of Google either.

6. Silver-Fox thread starter macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

haha burn, well thanks for the help i'll probably leave this for the moment

7. CortexRock macrumors 6502

I bought an Elgato MiniTV a while back, didn't get on with it (it was a bit intensive for the hardware I had at the time).

Took it back to my local Apple store a week after purchase, still in original packaging with receipt and got a full refund.