Apple Return Policy on iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeef690, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Jeef690 macrumors member

Hi everyone. My 2G iPhone decided to quit out on me today. The good news is that this is great timing for the new iPhone set to be released on Tuesday. The bad news is I need a phone for tomorrow and monday while I'll be traveling on business.

If I buy a 3GS today, would Apple's 14 Day swap policy still hold for the new iPhone, assuming they're released on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Thanks for your advice,

Jeff

2. Burglnar macrumors newbie

As far as I can tell (and I've been trying to work out a similar situation all day) you should have no problem with that plan. My problem is I'm trying to switch today from VZW so I can get the unlimited data plan but if I want to exchange the 3GS when the 4G comes out I will lose that data plan because I'm a new customer/ contract and will have to re-sign the 2 year contract. Current customers upgrading should have no problem however. This is consistent with everything else I've read/ found/ been told by an AT&T rep.

3. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, i was told by ATT numerous times that if the new phone comes out within 30 days of buying the 3gs, then you can exchange for the new phone while KEEPING your unlimited plan. With that being said, when i called apple about the same thing, an apple store employee said that when you exchange it at the apple store then you basically sign a new contract. If you want to keep the unlimited, then i suggest you go through ATT because they handle all the different situations.

I just bought a 3gs yesterday from ATT and they repeatedly told me that i could exchange the iphone for the new one while keeping my unlimited data (providing it comes out within 30 days of course, but thats pretty much a given.)

Also i have asked this question to many different ATT stores and called there official sales support just to make sure this was correct, and they have all said that it was the way it works.

4. JDee macrumors 6502a

Who said it'll be released on Tuesday / Wed? Buy a cheap phone for tomorrow and Monday and just wait for iPhone 4. Don't be stupid and have to pay a 10% restocking fee, it'll just get you into a more complicated mess.

5. Tulipone macrumors 6502

You think that it will be in the shops the same days as its announced? I imagine there will be a stocking period?

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

1st - The iphone has a 30 day return period (at both an Apple Store or an AT&T Store)

2nd - 1st iPhone was released 18 days after WWDC
    iPhone 3G was released 32 days after WWDC
    iPhone 3GS was released 11 days after WWDC

so I wouldn't count on it being in stores next Tuesday

7. elephunkman macrumors 65816

3GS was 11 days right?