Apple Return Policy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by StoneCold X, Nov 18, 2016.

1. StoneCold X macrumors member

Do you get a full refund on an open MBP if you return it within the 14 days or do they ding you for opening the item?

Also, return dates are extended for the holidays. Are you able to buy and use the product during the extended time and return if you don't like it?

2. Ma2k5 macrumors 6502a

Ma2k5

Full refund, at least in the UK and I imagine most places (I am sure there are some exceptions, where there is high risk of purchase for re-sale).

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They no longer charge you a restocking fee, i.e., penalty for opening it up. Here in the US its 14 days, however the holiday return policy will be in place shortly, and you will have until January to return it. I'm guessing that return policy will go in affect on Black Friday.

4. StoneCold X thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I think this will push me over the edge on buying the new 13" MBP with Touch Bar. If I am not satisfied, I will just get my money back.

BTW, Holiday Return Policy is in place now. The deadline to return is 1/8/2017

5. Kafou33 macrumors newbie

So you can use the MBP for a month, even a BTO and return it with no charge? Is Apple resale it as a refurbish or as a brand new. If as a new i'm happy to be in the first ones to buy it not to have one of these returns...

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Ok, thanks for the heads up on that. I wasn't sure about when it was in place.

Of course a word to the wise, do you really want to do a return after Christmas - its almost as bad as shopping in the malls before Christmas :eek:
    --- Post Merged, Nov 18, 2016 ---
    Apple will sell it as a refurb, they're not permitted by law to sell it as new.

7. StoneCold X thread starter macrumors member

If it gives me a little bit of extra time to use and try out my new purchase before making the decision if it was the right one for me, then sure :)

8. Kafou33 macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Nov 18, 2016 ---

Apple will sell it as a refurb, they're not permitted by law to sell it as new.[/QUOTE]

So maybe that's a reason for the price increase ;) From what I read here, there's a lots of peoples that return their MBP even buy more than one to try :(

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, I don't think so, at least not directly tied to returns. I believe they raised the price to improve their profit margins