Apple Return Policy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jw3571, Nov 18, 2016.

1. jw3571 macrumors regular

I'm going to most likely buy a 15 Inch MB Pro, i'm considering buying from B & H or Macmall to save tax. I've read on here that Apple lets you return items during the first two weeks if you don't like it, does that apply tor purchases from B & H or Macmall or only items purchased from the Apple Store?

2. RoskO macrumors member

No I'm pretty sure you can't return it to Apple unless you buy from apple online or the apple store locally.

IMO, Amazon has the easiest return service to deal with, and usually free return shipping depending on what it is, though you should read the details of each policy.

3. GnarleyMarley macrumors 6502a

GnarleyMarley

Apple Retail and online now track the serial numbers of all the products sold. They can even tell where you purchased it from (if it wasn't Apple) based on the serial number.

4. SaddleSC macrumors member

Has anybody had any luck returning a MacBook to the Apple Store that is beyond the 14-day return policy? I am on day 18 an seriously considering upgrading to a higher configuration.

5. GnarleyMarley macrumors 6502a

GnarleyMarley

I think as long as you purchased it from Apple they may be willing to work with you on that, especially if you are just wanting to get anther Mac.

6. RoskO macrumors member

If you are upgrading they might let you do it. I think I had a system a while back that I had done that with, I was past 14 days and they allowed a change.

You also might be in the "holiday" return schedule if you are lucky.

7. arbitrage macrumors 6502a

On the topic of return policies...I'd read on here that as long as you received your MBP after Nov 10th that you would be in the holiday return period up till Jan8th. Well just to check I clicked on the Return button for my MBP received today and it says eligible till only Dec 9th (the normal window). Do others see a return window till Jan 8th if you try to return it through the online store??

8. titleistman18 macrumors member

Explicitly for the holiday season all MacBook Pros purchased can be returned into January 8th of 2017.

9. webberade macrumors member

webberade

If you're going to upgrade your config and spend more money.... they will let you do it!

10. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

not the pre-orders.

11. titleistman18 macrumors member

via Apple's return policy: http://www.apple.com/shop/help/returns_refund

"Holiday Return Policy
    Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between November 10, 2016 and December 25, 2016, may be returned through January 8, 2017. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy are still applicable with respect to such items purchased. All purchases made after December 25, 2016 are subject to the Standard Return Policy."

12. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

Thanks for sharing this but I and many others in the forum have a return date of first week of December based on our arrival dates.

13. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

So either the policy is incorrect, or the listed return date is incorrect.

14. PaulWog Suspended

Call Apple.

15. darkside flow macrumors 6502

The return date on your online profile or receipt does not reflect the temporary holiday return policy. Every MacBook pro pre-order is returnable until January 8 as they've been delivered after November 10. I've verified with two reps.