Apple Return policy??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aggiesrwe03, Jul 12, 2010.

1. aggiesrwe03 macrumors regular

not sure if this has been addressed (nothing came up in the forums search)

but, I was under the impression that Apple's return policy was 30 days from date of purchase, however, after looking at my receipt that was emailed to me from the apple store at Willowbrook mall in Houston, Texas, it is actually only a 14 day return policy, just thought I would give you a heads up to all you would be black to white swappers if you purchased at an apple store you better check your receipt the return date is clearly printed on it!!!!

2. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I called Apple because their site was not allowing me to print a return authorization. Online, the policy clearly states that it is 30 days for the iPhone, instead of the normal 14.

However, one caveat I have found. AT&T will only honor not charging an ETF at the date when you actually bought the phone. NOT when it was shipped/received/activated. They told me I have until 7/17 for Apple to receive, process, and reverse my renewal. I don't see that happening in a timely manner.

3. aggiesrwe03 thread starter macrumors regular

interesting I'm going to return my phone leter today to upgrade to the 32gb we'll see what they tell me I'll update later with copy of the receipt too

4. vegastime macrumors regular

I called the Apple store where I bought my phone. They said no problem to return my phone after 14 days. I think they have modified the 14 days to 30 days. Now, I have not actually tried to return my phone, yet.