Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated App Store Connect on the web, based on tweets from developers who are pleased with the newly introduced interface changes.

appstoreconnect.jpg

App Store Connect is designed to let app developers manage the apps that they have available for download in the App Store.

The App Store Connect dashboard features an updated interface that's responsive and available on iPhone as well as iPad and Mac. There is an App Store Connect app available for iOS devices, but this change makes the App Store Connect web features usable on the iPhone as well.

According to reactions from developers, the updated App Store Connect website is faster with an improved layout that looks more modern than the prior version.

Developers can access the updated App Store Connect interface through the App Store Connect website.

Article Link: Apple Revamps App Store Connect With Responsive, Mobile-Friendly Interface

stukdog

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2004
Are there any new features or mostly an updated look? Could this be paving the way for other developer services?

It’s almost like they needed it to be more responsive on….iPad. Hmmmmm….

Last edited:

JDHiro

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Seattle, WA
The mobile support was greatly needed and appreciated! I've needed to publish pre-release versions to testers on the go before, and it was always a pain in the butt.

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
The mobile support was greatly needed and appreciated! I've needed to publish pre-release versions to testers on the go before, and it was always a pain in the butt.

I've needed to do this but could never figure how to do it. Maybe the update will make it easier, unfortunately if it is like most modern Apple UI design, I'll have to scroll and tap until I get carpal tunnel syndrome to get anything accomplished. That is if I can even find the hidden buttons.

DaveP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
It's all gravy to me at this point. I had one of the first thousand apps on the app store and back then the process for signing, uploading and releasing apps was a nightmare compared to now. If it's faster then that's great. And who doesn't like an improved look, but in general I don't know that aesthetics are top on developer's list for what's important in iTunes Connect.

Reactions: martyjmclean

Seoras

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Scotsman in New Zealand
Still can't transfer an App if it has ever used iCloud. Still takes you to the same old "Aqua" styled screen to tell you so.
Looks like a (much needed) make over but with little else. It is faster though, it was horribly flakey and prone to screens not loading on first attempt.

Reactions: az431

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
Which iOS versions did they throw under the bus?

Maybe try reading the articles before posting? This is a web application.
[automerge]1592340942[/automerge]
App Store Connect has always been a cataclysmic dumpster fire, and while this latest update makes it look better on the surface, it appears to still be plagued with the same old issues, such as pages that hang on loading spinners or return vague error messages.

Last edited:

abhibeckert

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Cairns, Australia
What did the old UI look like?
Pretty much the same to be honest.

App Store connect wasn’t ugly before - it was buggy and confusing.

Like they had a “save” button at the top of the form and a submit button at the bottom. You can’t submit until you save, but they don’t tell you this anywhere.

And if you upload an app... nothing happens. It won’t be listed when you try to submit it until some time later. Nobody knows why. There is a “processing” status but this is buried on a different page that hasn’t been clearly labeled and there is no progress indicator. Sometimes it takes minutes, sometimes hours, sometimes you have to try uploading a second time to make it work.

I’m not convinced they’ve fixed any of that...

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Maybe try reading the articles before posting? This is a web application.
[automerge]1592340942[/automerge]
App Store Connect has always been a cataclysmic dumpster fire, and while this latest update makes it look better on the surface, it appears to still be plagued with the same old issues, such as pages that hang on loading spinners or return vague error messages.

It's a start! I hope an Apple web framework is revealed at WWDC2020!

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
Wouldn't read too much into this. The old site was just incredibly slow. New one is a nice step forward, still has the random errors from time tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.