Apple Revamps Jobs Site With New Design and Video Featuring Animated Apple Logos

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
If there was one company I could work for on the outside of my current profession in L.E., it would be Apple. I don’t mean at the retail level, I think it would be interesting to work in the tech sector like marketing, various development teams, ect. Apple has a trajectory of hiring a quality-caliber employee, and I appreciate what they stand for. Plus, Tim Cook it’s really changed my perspective on Apple on a positive note.

raindogg

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2015
Brooklyn NY
If Apple wants better employees how about paying them more? With a trillion in the bank, they can afford to pay more and give free healthcare for all their employees.

#formeremployee

ipponrg

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2008
If Apple wants better employees how about paying them more? With a trillion in the bank, they can afford to pay more and give free healthcare for all their employees.

#formeremployee
What were you doing at Apple?

Pay is usually the 3rd or 4th reason employees are dissatisfied with their job. I know many software engineers such as myself don’t want to work at Apple even though it’s high pay for those positions. The work is uninteresting for us.

leicaman

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Carlsbad, CA
What were you doing at Apple?

Pay is usually the 3rd or 4th reason employees are dissatisfied with their job. I know many software engineers such as myself don’t want to work at Apple even though it’s high pay for those positions. The work is uninteresting for us.
What would qualify as interesting that Apple doesn't do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: smulji

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Right because Apple has ALWAYS been perfect, and only recently started going down hill... All the way down hill to becoming the world's most valuable company.
The East India Trading Company also once was the most valuable company in the world. But it was hardly a great place to work...
- - Post merged: - -

What would qualify as interesting that Apple doesn't do?
Nowadays, the question rather is: What does Apple still do that is even remotely interesting? Shipping a thinner Mac and a larger iPhone with a faster CPU doesn't really qualify as interesting anymore, at least not when you're actually an IT person. Their software quality has gone south and creating contents for a TV streaming service is not necessarily what I would consider amazing innovation or a long term strategy to keep a technology company --relevant--.

Microsoft is showing more innovation lately than any other of the big tech companies. "We build out Azure to be the computer of the world", as Nadella has so nicely put it. Apple is just one of the many hardware manufacturers that build hardware clients with which you can access Azure services.

Last edited:

PickUrPoison

macrumors 603
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
The East India Trading Company also once was the most valuable company in the world. But it was hardly a great place to work...
- - Post merged: - -

Nowadays, the question rather is: What does Apple still do that is even remotely interesting? Shipping a thinner Mac and a larger iPhone with a faster CPU doesn't really qualify as interesting anymore, at least not when you're actually an IT person. Their software quality has gone south and creating contents for a TV streaming service is not necessarily what I would consider amazing innovation or a long term strategy to keep a technology company --relevant--.

Microsoft is showing more innovation lately than any other of the big tech companies. "We build out Azure to be the computer of the world", as Nadella has so nicely put it. Apple is just one of the many hardware manufacturers that build hardware clients with which you can access Azure services.
Azure is innovative? Well ok. But the whole point of the personal computer revolution of the 70s was to put computers into the hands of the people, rather than have to use the mainframe in the raised floor room.

Is a big mainframe up in the sky what the average computer user is interested in?

re: Apple, there are many employees who like working there, not so sure about the East India TC. For those obsessed with “innovation”, Apple does have products in R&D that will be released when they’re ready. Could be 2, 5 or 10 years before another category-killer product or service is released 🤷‍♂️

smulji

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2011
Azure is innovative? Well ok. But the whole point of the personal computer revolution of the 70s was to put computers into the hands of the people, rather than have to use the mainframe in the raised floor room.

Is a big mainframe up in the sky what the average computer user is interested in?

re: Apple, there are many employees who like working there, not so sure about the East India TC. For those obsessed with “innovation”, Apple does have products in R&D that will be released when they’re ready. Could be 2, 5 or 10 years before another category-killer product or service is released 🤷‍♂️
Steve Jobs once said that the average person is not interested in being a systems integrator for their devices. So in that context, I would say cloud-based services are tailor-made with the average consumer in mind. The cloud provider becomes the systems integrator for the average consumer.

PickUrPoison

macrumors 603
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Steve Jobs once said that the average person is not interested in being a systems integrator for their devices. So in that context, I would say cloud-based services are tailor-made with the average consumer in mind. The cloud provider becomes the systems integrator for the average consumer.
Cloud compute is great for those who need it. Maybe it’s the future for everyone. It certainly is for IT infrastructure; the future is now. Do I want a $200 remote terminal for compute? No, but ask me again in 5 or 10 years.

But the question was is Azure innovative. Compared to AWS? GCP?

nt5672

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2007
Perhaps not the "pinnacle of success", whatever that means, but it's still the best thing to have on your resume if you're in the industry.
Oh, I agree with this. If one can put up with the Apple management BS then you can probably work well anyplace.