Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared the most popular podcasts of 2023, with year-end charts available in the Browse tab of the Podcasts app through the end of the year. The charts include the top podcasts overall, the top new podcasts that debuted this year, the most followed podcasts, the most shared podcasts and episodes, and more.

Podcasts-Feature.jpg

A sample of the most popular podcasts of 2023 in the U.S., according to the Apple Podcasts app:
Top Shows

1. Crime Junkie
2. The Daily
3. Dateline NBC
4. SmartLess
5. This American Life
6. Morbid
7. Up First
8. Huberman Lab
9. Hidden Brain
10. Stuff You Should Know

Top New Shows

1. Scamanda
2. The Retrievals
3. The Deck Investigates
4. Murder & Magnolias
5. Wiser Than Me with Julia Louis-Dreyfus
6. The Girl in the Blue Mustang
7. The Coldest Case in Laramie
8. Murder in Apartment 12
9. The Girlfriends
10. Undetermined

Most Followed Shows

1. Huberman Lab
2. SmartLess
3. New Heights with Jason and Travis Kelce
4. Scamanda
5. The Mel Robbins Podcast
6. Crime Junkie
7. The Retrievals
8. The Deck Investigates
9. Wiser Than Me with Julia Louis-Dreyfus
10. On Purpose with Jay Shetty
Additional charts can be found in the Podcasts app across the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Apple says the charts are localized for listeners in nearly 100 countries and regions.

Article Link: Apple Reveals Most Popular Podcasts of 2023

Last edited:

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
I am surprised "Office Ladies" did not make it to top 10. Even if you are not a "The Office" fan it is pretty cool insight into behind the scenes of a TV show

JohannesO

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2022
Reactions: Chuckeee

immac

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
Sad…not surprising we find ourselves where we are….
Like TV….incredible potential commandeered by the frivolous and feckless .

Reactions: lc96

megastuff999

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
Amazed at the popularity of Huberman. Whenever I listen it is nothing but hyberbole from the latest ‘biohacking’ fad or topics and conclusions straight from the Ministry of State the Obvious

DeepWebinar

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2020
years ago i would try to bring up podcasts whenever i could cuz very few people i knew listened to them and now i desperately avoid talking podcasts ever cuz everyone listens to them and it’s always either an embarrassing celebrity cash grab, some reactionary pseudoscience crank, or exploitative true crime trash that’s slowly making them paranoid

nicetriangles

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2021
Seattle / Amsterdam
I've amazed they have kept it going this long considering how many times the IP has been bought and sold. I was involved with that podcast when it started and that was 15 years ago.
It's a shame what iHeardRadio has done to the podocast. It's so bloated with ads compared to how it was 5-10 years ago. I still listen to it because I really enjoy the hosts, but I probably would have bailed on most other podcasts for this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.