Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is ranked sixth on LinkedIn's annual list of the top 50 companies where professionals most want to work in the United States.

linkedin-2018-top-companies-800x371.jpg

Apple moved up one spot after ranking seventh in 2017. The top five spots belong to Amazon, Alphabet, Facebook, Salesforce, and Tesla, while NBCUniversal, The Walt Disney Company, Oracle, and Netflix round off the top ten.

LinkedIn says the list is based on billions of data points generated by over 546 million users on the site, with four areas of focus: interest in the company, engagement with the company's employees, job demand, and employee retention.
Job demand: At what rate are people viewing and applying to job postings, including paid listings, unpaid ones and those linked from other sites?
Engagement with the company: How many professionals are viewing a company's career page? How many new followers has the company attracted?
Interest in its employees: How many non-employees are viewing and asking to connect with a company's employees?
[*]Retention: Are employees sticking around for at least a year?
It's worth noting that many different lists are published each year, and the results can often vary significantly. In December, for example, Apple ranked 84th on Glassdoor's annual list of the best companies to work at in the United States.

2018 LinkedIn Top Companies:
Amazon
Alphabet
Facebook
Salesforce
Tesla
Apple
NBCUniversal
The Walt Disney Company
Oracle
Netflix

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Apple Rises to Sixth in LinkedIn's 2018 List of Top Companies to Work, Trails Amazon, Alphabet, and Facebook

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
Where the fsck is Google? Not even in the top 50? I guess the movie The Circle got it right.

iName

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2008
Apple is just OK. You have to be a very specific type of person to grow and thrive there. I’ve always heard great things from Google employees. I don’t know how Amazon or Facebook are even in the top 20.

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
Any study that puts Amazon at the top of a list of employers is immediately suspect. Telsa (and SpaceX) are bad work environments as well, regardless of how sexy the jobs look from outside.

Be careful about reading those sensational media screeds about how overworked Amazon employees are in the warehouses and how they are treated like slaves. The reality is quite different it appears. And just where do you get your information about Tesla and Space X? Are you a Musk hater?
[doublepost=1521636115][/doublepost]
Alphabet is Google's parent company. Google is on the list, just not listed as Google.

Oops, you’re right. My bad. Okay, then where the fsck is Microsoft?

wrassmussen

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
Be careful about reading those sensational media screeds about how overworked Amazon employees are in the warehouses and how they are treated like slaves. The reality is quite different it appears. And just where do you get your information about Tesla and Space X? Are you a Musk hater?
[doublepost=1521636115][/doublepost]

Oops, you’re right. My bad. Okay, then where the fsck is Microsoft?
Microwho?

Reactions: TheRealTVGuy

Wowereit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
Any study that puts Amazon at the top of a list of employers is immediately suspect. Telsa (and SpaceX) are bad work environments as well, regardless of how sexy the jobs look from outside.

Tesla has a religious fan base, in and outside of their workforce, that will blindly praise anything about them.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
That there list is a whole lotta tech companies-ha! Just skimming over it I can say with 100% certainty that I wouldn't want to work at most of them no matter what they paid me (including our beloved Apple). Working for a big corporation sucks. Big time.

crsh1976

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2011
But hey, at least Apple isn't building Skynet (Amazon and Google), isn't aiding in collusion with Russia (Facebook), isn't garbage (Salesforce), and... ok, it'd be cool to be building rockets.
Great, Apple is amazing for what it's not now.

Ronald Reagan

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2016
Disney? Really? I guess that’s until you get the pink slip and informed you must train your H-1B visa replacement to get your severance.

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Does Amazon own LinkedIn (sure seems like it). Not one single person, either first hand or otherwise working with Amazon would put it as a place to work for. Seems like hell on earth.
That why they have The face of Amazon.

No, Microsoft owns LinkedIn.
[doublepost=1521643773][/doublepost]People need to take this list with a grain of salt. LinkedIn is really a job board. The list is a compilation of how many people looked at job postings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.