Apple robot canceling 3G pre-orders. Anyone find a work-around?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by maxcanine, Apr 17, 2010.

1. maxcanine macrumors newbie

After changing my mind while waiting for the 3G (switched from a 64, to a 16, back to a 64), the Apple robot canceled my order, thinking I was ordering too many. Placed a new order on the phone with a human, which was also canceled by the robot the next day. Now placed another order with a human, and crossing my fingers. Meanwhile, hold after hold on my credit card... Anyone else have this problem?

2. batman75 macrumors 6502

I have the same problem. First order cancelled by their system. Second order placed by customer service rep also cancelled. Third and Fourth orders cancelled.

Today I asked a friend to order one for me on his credit card and deliver to his home. We'll see if that works.

3. Nash Bridges macrumors regular

Nash Bridges

Here is a workaround.

Walk into an Apple Store or a Best Buy when they are released and purchase one.

4. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Since you guarantee they will be in stock and available on day one.

5. Nash Bridges macrumors regular

Nash Bridges

Why do you have to have it on day one? Will another day or week or so without a 3G iPad be a crucial event in your life?

6. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

Why do you care what reason someone has for wanting it on day one? How does that impact your life?

7. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Given that they have thrown enough orders to break Apple's system, I would think patience is not in their make-up at this point.

8. keyofnight macrumors regular

keyofnight

Why do you care if someone cares what reason someone has for wanting it on day one?

[​IMG]

Gotta know when to quit. ;)

9. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Yes you will lose standing with all the other fanbois if you don't have it day one :rolleyes:

10. Nash Bridges macrumors regular

Nash Bridges

I don't. Please read the original post.

It may be hard for you to believe, but in the overall scope of life having an iPad the day that is released isn't very significant.

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I'm sorry Dave, you can't have that many iPads.

[​IMG]

12. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

It may be hard for you to believe, but some people might feel and think differently than you do.

13. KratosKilla macrumors regular

You don't think that people who spend hours speculating about Apple hardware are going to want things the day they come out? You're trying to play the "why not just be a normal person and wait?" card. A card that I don't believe a person who signed up the day before the iPad released and from that point decided to post over 200 iPad related comments should play. Everyone is waiting, no use insulting others when iPad has definitely affected your life this past month.

14. rtay macrumors regular

Gerty?!?

15. batman75 macrumors 6502

You remind me of the people who used to get Bs instead of As at college. They write answers that reflect what they want to say but which don't really answer the question being asked.

16. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

I think the message here is if you act like a flake, you'll be treated as one.

17. Nash Bridges macrumors regular

Nash Bridges

I waited until well after the rush to get mine. I didn't have to have it on the first day. The fact that you are quoting on how many messages that I have posted shows that you went to the trouble to look up my profile. I hope that you aren't an internet stalker or anything. You are kind of creeping me out here.

How well did Steve Jobs do in college?

18. KratosKilla macrumors regular

Nope, just saying you're just as abnormal in your fascination with Apple products as the rest of us. I just took exception with the holier-than-thou attitude coming from you.

19. Swampthing macrumors 6502

Swampthing

Pretty strange dude. Boasting about how he didn't need it right away, but made sure he got it within the first two weeks of release. LOLOLOL.

20. KratosKilla macrumors regular

Yea OP has waited longer than Nash. Kind of funny.

21. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

How immature. Obsessing over having something on the first day. I went down to the Apple store on April 3rd and did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary to get mine, otherthanwaitinginalonglineafterhavingmadeanonlinereservationtomakesureIgotone. :D

Best of luck. I hope you work this out. Considering how much trouble you've had, why not speak to somebody at the Apple store and see if they can offer you some kind of accommodation. You know they are going to get them on the first day, maybe they can hold one for you since you've had so many cancellations. I wonder if the system would let me buy another one. I had 2 reserved but only picked up one. I'd hate to push that lifetime limit of 2. :rolleyes:

22. maxcanine thread starter macrumors newbie

23. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625