Apple Rocks!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by monaarts, Oct 15, 2011.

1. monaarts macrumors 65816

Today I called 1-800-MY-APPLE and told them I wanted to purchase AppleCare+ for the iPhone and the guy told me that I need to go to an Apple Store to purchase it. I thought that it was stupid but I thought maybe it was so they could see that the phone isn't broken so I drove 45 minutes to the closest Apple Store.

Upon arrival I told the lady that I wanted to purchase Apple Care and she told me it would be a good bit of a wait because of how busy they are. No problem! Finally about 30-40 minutes after being there a guy came up to me and asked what I needed to purchase Apple Care for and I told him that I wanted it for my iPhone 4S. He told me that they can not do it in the Apple Store and I need to CALL Apple Care to purchase it. :mad:

I drove home and called AppleCare. After being on hold for literally 33 minutes, I told the guy that answered I wanted to purchase AppleCare+. He told me "you need to go to an Apple Store to purchase AppleCare+ for an iPhone 4S if you didn't purchase it when you purchased your iPhone 4S" :mad: :mad: I told him I wanted to speak to a manager because I just wasted over 2 hours driving to an Apple Store and back and another 30+ minutes waiting on hold. He literally argued with me that his "manager won't be able to do anything either". After about 5 minutes of telling him over and over again that I would like to see what his manager says, he finally got his manager.

His manager gets on the phone and I explain the situation to her and she says "okay, great! I'd love to help you get AppleCare+ added to your iPhone 4S. What is your serial number?" !!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!????? I told her everything and she apologized and said "if I could take money off your iPhone for the inconvenience I would, but I can't. Instead, I will let you look at Apple.com and pick anything up to $150 for the inconvenience"

YAY! A Jawbone ERA Bluetooth Headset will be here before October 19th - and it was FREE!!! This is why I buy Apple products... Because they are normally great to deal with and correct the situations when they aren't.

- Joe

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Great example. I don't expect zero problems - it's how problems are handled that make the difference.

3. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Sweet. I wonder if they took the $150 out of the phone tech's paycheck?

4. Codepiink macrumors regular

Wow. In the future maybe you should call Apple Care while you are in the store since you were told two different things. But it's nice what the manager did for you. Apple Care just charged my credit card three times for ordering Apple Care for my iPad yesterday. Now I have to call these fools in the morning to straighten this out.

5. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

HAHA I hope not, I'm not a cruel person.

I thought about calling them while I was at the store but there were probably over 150 people in the store. Meaning I could barely hear myself thinking, HAHA!

- Joe

6. icanhasiphone? macrumors regular

7. steelecan macrumors member

I love apple too! My glass shattered on my ipad2 and it looked really bad. Went into the apple store and they told me its usually $289 because they dont fix them they just give you a new one. He said this time we'll just replace it free of charge. Wow! Great company!

8. mwhities macrumors 6502a

I was a few dollars short on my student loan credit card to get the phone, AC+, and a case. The guy helping me said "brb".. he came back with a 10 dollar Apple gift card and said the manager told him to help me out. Then, he gave me the 34 dollar case for free. So I still have 45+- dollars left on my card.

MAJOR props to Apple, Drew, and his manager.

9. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Kinda gets me thinking...

Maybe I should call Apple and tell them my "inconvenience" as well and hopefully get $150

I'll call them tomorrow and report back :)

10. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I tried calling to add AppleCare+ today, got a message that they were too busy, try again later. That was it, call over. What? Is this Apple Inc. or Joe & Ethels Just Lampshades? Weird.