Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released a new television ad featuring the iPhone 4S and Siri, featuring legendary film director Martin Scorsese. The director uses Siri to reschedule appointments, find where a friend is, and see how traffic is in Manhattan.

Scorsese: What's my day look like?

Siri: Another busy day today.

Scorsese: Are you serious?

Siri: Yes, I'm not allowed to be frivolous.

Scorsese: Ah, OK. Move my 4 o'clock today to tomorrow. Change my 11AM to 2.

Siri: OK, Marty. I scheduled it for today.

Scorsese: Is that Rick? Where's Rick?

Siri: Here's Rick.

Scorsese: Oh, no that's not Rick. Now, how's the traffic headed downtown?

Siri: Here's the traffic.

Scorsese: Oh, it's terrible, terrible. Driver, driver, cut across. Cut across. We'll never make it downtown this way. I like you Siri, you're going places.

Siri: I'll try to remember that.
The ad is the fourth in Apple's series of celebrity television ads featuring celebrities using the technology. Prior ads have seen actors Samuel L. Jackson, John Malkovich, and Zooey Deschanel using Siri.

Thanks Sean!

Article Link: Apple Running New Celebrity Television Ad Featuring Martin Scorsese

Furifo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
C'mon Apple, enough with the 4S ads!

Concentrate on getting that new iPhone you have in the pipeline in our hands ASAP! :D

maddux530

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2011
The commercial featured Zooey whatshername, not Katy Perry (unfortunately for eye candy purposes).

choffy

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
Glendale, AZ
Katy Perry? Seriously? I'm not very good with celebrities either, but even your link for her name says it's Zooey Deschanel.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
If only siri actually DID work that way....It's a feature I very rarely use now..It's so crippled in the UK that it's pointless.

Hopefully, the extended coverage promised for IOS6 will actually make it useful. Funny ad though!

GoodNewsNobody

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2012
Not Katy Perry

I thought I missed an Apple commercial featuring Katy Perry! Two of my favorite things together, both delicious eye candy!:D:apple:

JordanJ

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
Australia
Is is me or is the traffic feature only available on iOS 6? Seems weird to mention this in an ad before it ships.

----------

Why would Apple use celebrities in their ads? Surely they wouldn't need them: They're Apple!

hobo.hopkins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
I like these ads. They might not reflect actual world usage for everybody, but they are entertaining.

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
These would work much better if he didn't have to hold anything in his hand.

So when he moves his 4'o clock from 4 pm to tomorrow, who calls the person/people he had the meeting/appointment with to reschedule?

Details, details...

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
So when he moves his 4'o clock from 4 pm to tomorrow, who calls the person/people he had the meeting/appointment with to reschedule?

gaussianblur

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2007
though apple fanboy that i am, i must call foul on this one... as a NYC resident, I promise you... Siri in midtown Manhattan is completely useless, especially on AT&T... a more realistic commercial would have been filled with her saying "I'm really sorry about this..."

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
These celeb/siri ads are really horrible. Especially knowing full well Siri doesn't work anywhere near as smoothly as portrayed in these ads. Just love how that little disclaimer "sequences shortened" flashes so quickly in ever so faded font. Borderline false advertising at best.

donasmus

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
These are not Apple commercials

Please forgive me for stating the obvious, but this series of Siri commercials are not Apple commercials - i.e. made by Apple, Inc., but they are AT&T commercials. It seems to me AT&T is free to misrepresent the actual user experience, if they choose to.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
C'mon Apple, enough with the 4S ads!

Concentrate on getting that new iPhone you have in the pipeline in our hands ASAP! :D

marketing and engineering at not the same staff so they can do both.

And even if they were not doing these ads it doesn't mean you'd get the phone any faster. They will release it when they want and only when they want. Nothing, not even a dying CEO changes their time tables (which is probably how Steve wanted it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.