Apple Sac Problem (would appreciate advice)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TylerM, Aug 19, 2009.

1. TylerM macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, first-time poster, long-time reader. So here's the deal.

I ordered this Apple Sac from My Gear Store's website about 2.5 weeks ago to protect my new baby 15". Naturally, the first thing I did was to open the package and place the laptop inside. Or at least attempt to... You see, the Apple Sac was WAY WAY to small, I had heard that it was snug, but this thing took a good minute to place in the Apple Sac. The length of the case was just about perfect, but the width was way to small, the seams of the case were uneven also.

The Apple Sac branding on the Sac itself does not have any indication of what size it is. The only designation that I had actually received a 15" was from My Gear Store's receipt. I figured they must have accidentally shipped a 13" case. I tried a 13" Macbook and it fit perfectly, although the case was too "long" for the laptop, the width was perfect.

Well I contacted My Gear Store and got an RMA number, explained it, and they said that they would send another case that was 15" even though they believed I was wrong about it being 13".

Well a week later I received a credit to my account for 3 dollars less than what I had payed for it (apparent restock fee) and an indication that no new case was coming.

My questions for you guys are:
    1. Does anyone have the 15" Apple Sac and have no problem getting it in and out? If you do and have no problems...
    2. Is it possible it was simply a defective case?

Let me know what I should do.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I would just get your refund and move on

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I agree, get your refund, whatever you paid for it and move on.

4. TylerM thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah but I want an Apple Sac. :( I need to know if any others have one and if it fits their laptop.

EDIT: Also, I payed 10 dollars for S/H + Tax, and I'm pretty sure they won't refund that if they believe I was in the wrong (which I know I was not) so I'm losing 13 dollars by just "moving on" and not getting the same thing again, but I'm afraid I'll get another small case.

5. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

There's plenty of similar items out there, why don't you just not waste your time with getting another one and find something better?

6. TylerM thread starter macrumors newbie

Because this is the one I want. The Incase aren't that much better. The reviews I've seen of the Apple Sac show it to be absolutely beautiful.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Then you have answered your own question
    Just keep trying till you get the one you want
    Nothing we say will convince you otherwise

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

8. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Contact AppleSac directly, they are VERY helpful maybe you ordered or was given the wrong size? Applesacs fit very well so just contact them and they should set you up for an excange :)

9. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I don't have any experience with this case so I'm afraid I can't help you, but reading through the thread it seems that your actual questions haven't been addressed. Maybe they got overshadowed by the refund problems. So I'm just restating them in case someone who has the case can help you...:)

10. TylerM thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have my mind made up completely, I want to know if anyone has the case and if it fits correctly for them. If there are people out there with the 15" version that have the same problems then I will move on. If not, I can justify another purchase to try and get what I wanted initially.

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Just return it and ask for another one. I have a black sac for my 13" and fits good.

12. TylerM thread starter macrumors newbie

I know the 13" ones work great, I've seen a bunch of reviews for them but haven't heard anything about the 15" ones.

13. SecretAznMan7 macrumors newbie

Perhaps that case is for the preunibody MBPs which are slightly smaller

14. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

The applesacs fit tightly. If it is too long for a 13" then it is not a 13" size, obviously, because the 13" would shift up and down in it. The 15" size is very slightly wider and about 2" longer than the 13" (I'm looking at them both right now.)

It's my opinion that you do in fact have a 15" sleeve, and have not given the material time to stretch out. Also, the colcasac sleeves with the canvas outers do not stretch as much.

This is one of the reasons I chose to sell foofbags instead, because I have never had a fitment issue with any of my foofbags.

15. Arethusa macrumors newbie

Why didn't you just order directly from colcasac (same people, changed name)?

16. TylerM thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think it was a stretching issue. This thing could not have streched. It just felt... wrong. The seams on the side of the case were uneven and and extremely tight.