Apple Safari Full-Screen Issues

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by blujein, Jan 14, 2014.

1. blujein macrumors newbie

When I use Apple Safari in full-screen mode I sometimes experience some issues that disrupt workflow significantly.

The first issue is encountered with pop-up windows (typically advertisements). These windows open in a new Space (separate to the Space with the original instance of Apple Safari) and cannot be closed without exiting full-screen mode and then closing the window.

The second issue is when activating a magnet-link. When the link is clicked, the Space slides to the right (displaying the Desktop), and then nothing happens. This, I assume, is due to the activation of the Transmission app window, but there is no visual indication of that. If I am activating a series of magnet-links this process becomes frustrating as I am having to return to the Space containing Apple Safari after each link click.

Does anyone know whether there's a way to stop either of these issues from occurring?

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hi,

what are your settings in Safari / Preferences / Tabs ?

3. blujein thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply.

My current Apple Safari settings for Tabs have the 'Open pages in tabs instead of windows' option set as 'Always' and the '-click opens a link in a new tab' and 'When a new tab or window opens, make it active' fields are both unchecked.

4. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Mmmm... I don't know, sorry.

In System Preferences / Mission Control, do you have this checked ?

Attached Files:

5. blujein thread starter macrumors newbie

No. I tested the same scenarios with the option enabled, though, and the issues don't seem to have been fixed.

6. cbs20 macrumors member

In Safari preferences turn on the pop up blocker in the security settings.

7. blujein thread starter macrumors newbie

That seems to have fixed the issue with pop-up windows, but the issue with magnet-links still seems to be present.

Thank you for your help, too.