Apple sales by type of computer?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by someone28624, Sep 21, 2008.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Anyone know where I can find a pie chart that shoes how much of Apple computer sales each product makes up?

2. chipchen macrumors 6502

Doubtful that you could get exact numbers or percentages. You can check their last financial conference call, but they don't always break down the numbers all the way. For instance, they might state laptop sales numbers, but won't break it down by model.

You can also try contacting apple using their public numbers... and contacting their public relations people or their shareholder relations people.

3. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm just curious. It seems like they sell a lot more laptops than desktops, and I'm wondering how much more.

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Here's a list with the numbers of the last seven quarters:

Attached Files:

5. nick9191 macrumors 68040

The Macbook and the iMac are the most popular.

6. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, that's really interesting. How'd you find it? I wonder why iPod sales dropped so much. Or is it just that they see a surge around Christmas time? Or does everyone have iPods pretty much, so they're not selling new ones? Also interesting to see iPhone sales climb, then drop. So iPods are still clearly Apple's main product.

7. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

I collect the numbers from the quarterly earnings calls. You can find an archiv here. Tab "Earnings releases".

Exactly. For the last few years, the Christmas quarter Q1 was always the strongest, especially in the iPod departement.

Let's not jump to conclusions: These numbers don't include the iPhone 3G yet. In addition to that, these numbers don't include iPhones of the first generation sold after the announcement of the iPhone 3G. A little bit of creative accounting by Apple. :)

Looking at the revenue numbers instead of unit numbers, you see that the Mac business is just as important:

Attached Files: