Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is sending out push notifications to Apple Savings account holders letting them know about yet another rate increase. The Apple Card Savings Account APY is now at 4.50%, up from 4.35%.

apple-card-savings-account-16x9.jpg

This is the third APY rate increase the Apple Card Savings Account has seen since December. The first increase brought it from 4.15% to 4.25%, and the second, which happened in early January, increased it from 4.25% to 4.35%.

Apple's prior rate increase put it on par with the APY offered by many other popular high-yield savings accounts from American Express and Discover, and with the newest hike, the Apple Savings Account also matches the APY of Marcus by Goldman Sachs.

Apple's high-yield savings account has been available to U.S. Apple Card holders since April 2023, and it is offered in partnership with Goldman Sachs.

Apple Card users are able to earn interest on their automatic Daily Cash deposits and also personal funds that are added to the account. Apple allows users to deposit up to $250,000.

Article Link: Apple Savings Account Interest Rate Increases to 4.50% APY

Last edited:

Justin Cymbal

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2008
Boston, Massachusetts
I just got a notification on my iPhone that my interest rate increased to 4.5% on my Apple savings account

I’m definitely happy that the rate has continued to go up since Apple launched the Apple savings account back in April of last year

This account has been my main savings account since Apple launched it because of both the convenience of having my Apple Card rewards automatically deposited as well as being able to easily transfer money from my Bank of America checking account at any time

I hope that Apple continues to raise the interest rate even more throughout the rest of this year so that it becomes more competitive with the current rates being offered by other banks

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
The good thing about these high yield savings accounts are that there's almost no risk, but I think you're better off investing in a mutual fund in the long run. I have money in the S&P 500 and my balance has grown nearly 27% over the past 3 years.

Edit: I'm not a financial expert, do not take my advice without consulting with a professional.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
The good thing about these high yield savings accounts are that there's almost no risk, but I think you're better off investing in a mutual fund in the long run. I have money in the S&P 500 and my balance has grown nearly 27% over the past 3 years.

Edit: I'm not a financial expert, do not take my advice without consulting with a professional.

Too much fees with mutual funds. ETF's are better.

Disclaimer: I do not provide personal investment advice and I am not a qualified licensed investment advisor. I will not and cannot be held liable for any actions you take as a result of anything you read here. Conduct your own due diligence, or consult a licensed financial advisor or broker before making any and all investment decisions.

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
I hope that Apple continues to raise the interest rate even more throughout the rest of this year so that it becomes more competitive with the current rates being offered by other banks

Hate to break it to you but this is as high as it will go. If you follow what’s happening with the FED, they plan to lower the rate anywhere from 3-5 times this year. As the FED funds rate goes, the interest rate on savings accounts will follow thereafter.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
Hate to break it to you but this is as high as it will go. If you follow what’s happening with the FED, they plan to lower the rate anywhere from 3-5 times this year. As the FED funds rate goes, the interest rate on savings accounts will follow thereafter.

Let's wait what Jim Cramer has to say about all of this. And then do the inverse.

Disclaimer: I do not provide personal investment advice and I am not a qualified licensed investment advisor. I will not and cannot be held liable for any actions you take as a result of anything you read here. Conduct your own due diligence, or consult a licensed financial advisor or broker before making any and all investment decisions.

Last edited:

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
I just got a notification on my iPhone that my interest rate increased to 4.5% on my Apple savings account

I’m definitely happy that the rate has continued to go up since Apple launched the Apple savings account back in April of last year

This account has been my main savings account since Apple launched it because of both the convenience of having my Apple Card rewards automatically deposited as well as being able to easily transfer money from my Bank of America checking account at any time

Agreed. They are about 1% short of best in class.

Reactions: Justin Cymbal

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
Makes no difference you can take money out no matter how high the interest rate goes. Deposit at your own risk has been my experience.
What are you talking about?

We have all our liquid cash in this account and when any deposit comes into our CU checking we immediately move it to Apple savings.

We maintain a 50$ float in our CU checking acct.

Then before bills come due we move the necessary funds from GS back to our CU. (In 2023 we moved 7 days but to maximize interest income this year we cut to 3 days and may go to 2 days given the speed of the ACH transfers out of GS.)

Three different family members in 3 different accounts doing this with consistently good results.)

We wish Apple would look for near best in class rates because we are actively planning to move where 5.5% is possible (the ease of the Apple UI is not worth the 1% opportunity cost penalty.)

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
You probably meant to write "can't."

And this isn't true. I've never had an issue. This is probably user error.
Agreed. After setting it up even my 91 year old mom is able to move money out of GS and have it arrive in her ckg acct in about a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rafagon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.