Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
I had problems today that I've been spending a lot of time trying to diagnose. I think this explains part of my problem, but I'm still having other iCloud-related problems. In addition to a lot of bizarre internet problems in general over the last 2 weeks, affecting not only me, but the other two people in my household.

AstroRob

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2015
I just now had an AppleTV failure; after clicking out of YouTube some brief message flashed (something about my iCloud account) and then I lost all my viewing history and it seems to think I don't have an AppleTV+ subscription (which I do). I'm wondering if it may be related to these issues?

Oddly it does seem to indicate my iCloud account is connected, and all my apps are there, but the home screen is the default of 'things to watch' that new users see.

99chickens

Suspended
Jan 6, 2020
I don't normally like to comment on editorial matters, but why is this story here? It became irrelevant within minutes, and it could have been expected to become irrelevant within minutes. And even when it was technically relevant it wasn't the least bit interesting.

To generate clicks and $$$$$

Reactions: bobtem

99chickens

Suspended
Jan 6, 2020
Because this is an active forum where people with Apple services talk about Apple services. It’s a good place to go to see if anyone else is having the same issues.

And then aside from all that, people that don’t like these types of stories can just ignore them. Simple.

You might find this hard to believe, but the number of MR forum posters is a micro fraction of the 1.5 billion iOS and Mac users worldwide.

Moreover, the issue was resolved, so why would it matter at this point?

Reactions: bobtem

bobtem

Suspended
Jun 5, 2017
Because this is an active forum where people with Apple services talk about Apple services. It’s a good place to go to see if anyone else is having the same issues.

And then aside from all that, people that don’t like these types of stories can just ignore them. Simple.
Can't unsee the headline. How bout we demand a higher standard of journalism, instead of the "if you don't like it, don't read it..." excuse.

Capeto

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2015
Just tried using Siri and it didn’t work, but I don’t know if that was due to the outage or Siri just being Siri and not working.

SpotOnT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2016
Still can’t access purchase history in App Store under High Sierra.

Need to redownload an app, hope this gets resolved soon.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Idk about that, if it’s an upgrade it’s easy to roll back for sure. They were down for 45 min tops cause it’s all green now
Once an update occurs on iOS, WatchOS, iPadOS - how do you actually cancel or “rollback” exactly? Hmmm.

as best I know you can only Vance an update already on progress on macOS. And WindowsOS (PC).

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
Tehcinal status reports shouldn't be in the main "rumors" feed. And really, why is a third party rumors forum where you woulds look for reports on technical issues, anyway? Apple should have a status page for their own services.
Unless I'm mistaken/dense, Apple doesn't make it particularly clear to its users the status of their cloud-based services. I happened upon the web page earlier today when troubleshooting problems I was having and an internet search turned up an older non-Apple.com website which linked to it. So if/when Apple gets their act together and makes it super-obvious for end-users to know/see the status of their cloud-based services, then I think it's *very* helpful for 3rd party websites, like Macrumors, to post this as news.

Also, even if the issue had been *completely* resolved by the time that Macrumors heard about it and had their post ready to publish, I think it would *still* be worth them posting about, because it helps to keep Apple accountable for this. For a lot of Apple device users an occasional outage for a few hours might be no big deal. But for some, iCloud being extremely reliable and up-to-date can be extremely important. And, at the very least, even average users would benefit from knowing if, for example, Google's cloud-based services have 99.whatever% uptime while Apple's iCloud might only be 95% uptime.

Apple has the resources to do this right. In recent years, they've been quite sloppy/lazy with some of their offerings while still charging premium prices as if they're the gold standard on everything they do.

macsareveryinteresting

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2020
Colorado Springs
I don't normally like to comment on editorial matters, but why is this story here? It became irrelevant within minutes, and it could have been expected to become irrelevant within minutes. And even when it was technically relevant it wasn't the least bit interesting.
MacRumors is trying to tell people that don’t know about this that Apple is experiencing iCloud and other issues. People may think something is wrong with their device and might take it into Apple. And did you see the (fixed) on the name of the thread?

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Oct 22, 2018
All fine here in Japan. But I’ve copied everything over to Icedrive just in case iCloud falls.

innovationwho

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2020
I’m having an issue where I delete any emails or messages from my phone and it doesn’t automatically sync with iCloud. The files stay there and still shows the same space used. Does anyone know how to fix this or an easy workaround?

PrismaticRealms

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2006
Whitby, ON, Canada
I don't know if this is related, but it's suspiciously coincidental. Two Macs on my network for two different users just had their iCloud synced passwords wiped out today. Most email accounts stopped working, no website passwords auto-populate, Keychains are locked. The works.

Anyone else experiencing this?

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Broken again?

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 10.21.57 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.