Apple Says iCloud and iMessage Experiencing Slowness

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Some users may experience delays or slowness when using various iCloud services or sending messages using iMessage, according to Apple's system status page. The issues began within the last few hours.

We'll update this post once Apple indicates the issues have been fully resolved.

Article Link: Apple Says iCloud and iMessage Experiencing Slowness

lightmyway

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2007
I’ve been having all my Messages disappear for hours at a time off and on since iOS 13 launched. Happened again today.

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2013
I haven’t noticed anything yet luckily. Glad they’re on top of it though.
You think? Apple and services haven’t been a very good mariage historically.. remember .mac, MobileMe..
- - Post merged: - -

I’ve been having all my Messages disappear for hours at a time off and on since iOS 13 launched. Happened again today.
Not again Apple.. still hate the MobileMe troubles where I lost all my mail and calendar data..

coolfactor

macrumors 601
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
You think? Apple and services haven’t been a very good mariage historically.. remember .mac, MobileMe..

Not again Apple.. still hate the MobileMe troubles where I lost all my mail and calendar data..
I've used Apple cloud services since 2001 (19 years), and have never lost any mail, contacts or calendar data through all of those those transitions.

There is something called user responsibility, too. Sure seems like you're letting the past cloud your view of iCloud. It's excellent!

finally they admit they have a problem View attachment 897600
Why are you sharing a screenshot of a message from nearly 400 days ago??

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2013
“I've used Apple cloud services since 2001 (19 years), and have never lost any mail, contacts or calendar data through all of those those transitions.

Just search ‘mobileme lost mail’ in The Apple forum.. that’s no n=1. It was a faulty system, later admitted by Apple and discontinued (2011 in Beta) because of bad rep, not bad press..

DeepIn2U

macrumors 604
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

i recall MobileMe and .Mac yet did not use a Mac at that time or those services.

compared to BBM and the past services you’ve mentioned Apple’s efforts in services has been quite stellar. Notifications has exponentially scaled rather incredibly over the decade plus with hardly any long lasting outages.

sorry you’re experiencing issues though.

Baymowe335

macrumors 603
Oct 6, 2017

Yeah, only a $50B+ business with 65% margins with double digit growth.

People seem to use them...that's for sure. I guess everyone just grudgingly uses and hates them.

Last edited:
Reactions: I7guy

Ramchi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
India
I have two different iPhones but I can’t set profile pictures for iMessage in the second though I logged in to two different Apple IDs for iMessages in both iPhones. It says I am sharing the same Apple ID(Yes, I share same ID for contacts, photo, app sync but not for iMessage).

ozarkcanoer

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
I have found in the past 5 years that my use of iCloud for iPad & iPhone backups and now with macOS iCloud service my Desktop and Documents are stored in iCloud making access across my devices seamless, though sometimes there's a lag in having Notes updated on iPadOS Pro when changed on my iMac. Long way and big improvement from mobile Me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.