Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mail-ios-app-icon-200x200.png
iCloud Mail has been experiencing an outage that began a few hours ago, and some users may be experiencing intermittent issues with accessing their inbox as a result, according to Apple's system status page.

Only some users are affected by the outage, according to Apple, so your mileage may vary. We'll update this story once the issue is marked as resolved.

There was also an iCloud Keychain outage over the weekend that is now resolved.

Update: Apple says the iCloud Mail outage is resolved.

Article Link: Apple Says iCloud Mail is Experiencing an Outage [Resolved]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Wildkraut

cookiemonster89

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
Not only now. I have this issue since Friday. Over the last days I had several issues. iCloud says „Account Error“ and ist not updating. Even on Friday I could not acces my inbox for a whole day. Come on Apple this is 2021 and not 2000. As long as I can remember there wasn’t a single outage in Gmail.

josephebacon

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2011
Not only now. I have this issue since Friday. Over the last days I had several issues. iCloud says „Account Error“ and ist not updating. Even on Friday I could not acces my inbox for a whole day. Come on Apple this is 2021 and not 2000. As long as I can remember there wasn’t a single outage in Gmail.
Have had the same problem as Cookiemonster. It's been acting up since Friday with the same Account Error alert.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
my two clients this morning with .me accounts are not receiving their emails- I got a message from our microsoft server that the email address "wasn't found". However when my customers send emails to themselves they go thru- we are in nevada / calif

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Why so many outages? Seems to be one every few weeks.

Web services....outages happen.

mthomas184

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2016
Cupertino
You were saying?

Maconplasma

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2020
I think it may be dedicated to your account. I use Apple Mail every single day to run my business and haven't experienced anything that you mentioned.

Reactions: EdwardC

Stewie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
Austin
You must have the world's shortest memory.

Reactions: bwintx

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
I get sometimes the error below when sending from work. But at the same time I also received some emails on that address from other people. Weird.

This is the mail delivery agent at Symantec Email Security.cloud.

I was unable to deliver your message to the following addresses:

XXXXXX@XXXXX

Reason: 550 5.1.1 <XXXXXX@XXXXX>: user lookup success but no user record found

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.