Apple says report on Face ID false....

Status
Not open for further replies.

geraldem

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2015
and the JFK files did not mention the grassy knoll either.

Seriously...thanks for sharing. will be disappointing if face ID experience is compromised. that needs to be pretty close to flawless.

peterlaca

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
and the JFK files did not mention the grassy knoll either.

Seriously...thanks for sharing. will be disappointing if face ID experience is compromised. that needs to be pretty close to flawless.
Sure... the statement is very specific, however...reiterating the accuracy ratio....

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I haven’t seen much excitement for it to be honest.

Who gets excited about a method for unlocking a phone?

**Marketing hype insert here**
I think it will be a cool feature, definitely better than Touch ID in my eyes. I wouldn't say I am excited for Face ID specifically, but really the X as a whole.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
so don't believe everything you read on the internet? that's a first! did Gurman write the original piece on it?

greeley

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
SO B. Insider guy doesnt show a source, just a note he typed himself.

can we get an official word from Apple

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
I haven’t seen much excitement for it to be honest.

Who gets excited about a method for unlocking a phone?

**Marketing hype insert here**
The excitement is keeping the phone secure until the authorized user wants to get in, and then making it seamless for said user.

Just like TouchID did four years ago, FaceID is doing now.

KGB7

Suspended
Jun 15, 2017
Rockville, MD
First world problems.

If you are that worried about FaceID, don’t store any important data on your phone or better yet, only use a pay phone.

greeley

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
what do you mean dont store any data? you use the sensor just to log into your phone.

if you dont use it then youre most likely forced to use a pass code, in which case you should just buy the iphone 8

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors 604
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I think it will be a cool feature, definitely better than Touch ID in my eyes. I wouldn't say I am excited for Face ID specifically, but really the X as a whole.
Yeah I was specifically targeting the word ‘excited’ because it’s not something I could really get ‘excited’ about. If he’d said he thinks certain customers are ‘looking forward’ to trying it out then it might be a more sensible claim. I can’t remember the last smartphone feature that was ‘exciting’?

I suppose to those that create these things it’s seen at a very different level.

Status
Not open for further replies.