Apple says shipped but UPS says not

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rhianon29, May 26, 2015.

1. rhianon29 macrumors newbie

Hi! Welcome to my entitled, first-world question post.

I got the shipping email from Apple yesterday morning, but the tracking number didn't show up in the UPS system until 1:27am today and that's the last update. It only says there was a label created in Rialto, CA. Since yesterday was a holiday I assumed I wouldn't be getting my watch today, but will I even get it tomorrow?

What I'm really curious about is when Apple creates the shipping label. I know there's a thread somewhere with the shipping process definitively explained but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I was under the impression that labels were created at the distribution hubs or in Asia, so why is my watch coming out of CA for delivery to IL when KY is so close? Yay acronyms!

2. Eorlas macrumors 6502

Definitely due to the holiday. Hang tight.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Lots of theories and guesses about how and when labels area created. My personal experience from multiple Apple product launches is that you get a shipping notification and UPS tracking number 24 to 36 hours prior to the actual delivery.

Then, sometime overnight, about 12-ish hours before delivery, the UPS tracking label is visible in the UPS system.

Then, about 6 hours before delivery, tracking details begin to show up in the UPS tracking system.

Today is still possible for you in CA. But I am guessing yours is an outlier and you will not get it until tomorrow.

4. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

Depends on which warehouse your watch was sitting in. Mine came from a return address in Rialto as well, which I'm assuming is the warehouse, and originated in Ontario, CA, which is a UPS shipping hub nearby. My UPS tracking didn't update until very soon before my watch was actually delivered, so fingers crossed for you that yours will come soon!

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

^^ This
    We got shipping email for wife's watch one morning, there were no UPS tracking details until delivery day (24 hours later)