Apple Says They'll Keep Reservation All Day. Is This True?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SiskoKid, Jun 23, 2010.

1. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

The emails they sent both say the phone will be kept all day for pick up. I called and they confirmed.

But I also know in the past when you preordered from Apple, they said explicitly that it's still first come first serve. The Apple employee insisted they'll keep it, but I can't pick up my phone until after work (after 5pm). Anyone else have experience with this? Will they actually keep it or is it still first come first serve?

Just wanna make sure. If people tell me to get there early, I can still talk to my boss who's super chill about this kinda stuff and I can take a day off. But I'd rather not take time off if I don't have to.

Anyone?

2. MDePew24 macrumors regular

MDePew24

You need to talk to the store manager at the location that your reservation is at. I spoke to two managers and they both said that as long as I am able to get to the front of the line (this is the key statement) by the time they close tomorrow then I will have one. If I am still standing in line when they close then they will sell it the following day.

It's up to me to judge when I think I can go and still get one.

That said, my alarm is going off at 5am and I'll be there at 5:30am. Just to be safe. I'm tired of my 3G being so slow.

3. herdinoh macrumors regular

I have same question here. I will go to pick it up at 7am. Hopefully, I will get mine.

4. Loki666 macrumors member

Ditto. Up at 4:45 and it's 3 minutes away

5. herdinoh macrumors regular

This sounds crazy. I don't understand what is the purpose of reservation if they cannot hold the phone for us. I spent 12 hours on their stupid website and tried to order one. The only reason I chose to make reservation was because I could not order one to let them ship to me. I hate this.

6. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

From what I understand, if you have a reservation, then they will hold it all day.

They (Apple Retail Stores) also have a number of iPhones up for those who did not get a pre-order/reservation. That pool of phones is first come, first serve. If you do not pick up your reserved/pre-ordered phone on the 24th, then "your" phone will be added to the pool for others to pick up.

7. MDePew24 macrumors regular

MDePew24

What blurb23 said is accurate as far as the store that I am going to.

It makes sense because if you go at 8am and you have a reservation, 99.9% (my guess, we'll find out tomorrow) of the people will get their phones. Now if you're just walking up with a reservations then you have a good chance that you won't get one.

8. herdinoh macrumors regular

why? they said they will hold it until store close.

9. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.

10. SucreBleu macrumors newbie

Local Store

When I talked to a store employee at my local Apple store (Jax, FL), they said they had over 800 pre-orders, and don't think they'll be getting enough to fill all the pre-orders. That's why it's 1st come, 1st served for pre-orders.

11. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

I would assume so. Even when BB phoned me, they said I could come in up until closing and I could still get my phone. I would think it's the same for Apple, too.

12. MDePew24 macrumors regular

MDePew24

This is why I said to talk to your store. I spoke with 2 managers and they both stated that they had more phones than reservations. As long as I don't wait until later in the day to go get in line then I will get one. If I take a chance and go at 7pm then I probably won't get one.

IT'S A STORE BY STORE BASIS.