Apple scratched my replacement display casing...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Andrew K., Jul 8, 2009.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Hey guys so I finally got my MPB 15" refurb back ( replaced for faulty screen ) and noticed it had a tiny scratch on the edge of the lid and kind of a zigzag going off it, it is very tiny and hardly noticeable, but my question was...did they use another refurb lid part? Is this normal since it's a refurb? I really don't mind seeing as I paid $700 less than my sis did for the same machine back in october :) just checking to see if I should call them.

2. Snowbound macrumors regular

I had a similar experience when I sent back a MBP for a harddrive replacement. It seemed like they had scratched up the palm rests noticably. When I complained they did offer to replace that piece as well. So it's possible that they'd replace it. However if it doesn't bother you it's probably not worth it.

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Call them, as far as I'm aware, they take displays very seriously, I had to do a questionnaire on my MBP after it was sent in for repair and there was an entire page devoted to the condition of the display...

Don't go in being an ass assuming that you are in the right, go in, be polite, ask them to take a look, see if it's acceptable, if they say it is, take the questionnaire, and give them terrible feedback for it. You never know, they might just get back to you.

4. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks guys, I'll give them a call and be polite, They always help me out ( exchanging iPhones ) so I'll just see what they say.