Resolved Apple screwed up expose in Lion, was better in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by miamialley, Jul 26, 2011.

1. miamialley, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011

miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

In SL, I could use expose to view all the PDFs on my desktop. Sometimes I may have 5-10 at one time. In SL, I could easily see them and select the one I want. Now, in Lion, I can't view them all because they are stacked on top of one another, which prevents me from being able to read or see which is which. Really sucks. :(

2. Gib macrumors member

Gib

I know it isn't as helpful without QuickLook, but if they are open, 3-finger swipe down. This works on a trackpad, or for the mouse you can get BetterTouchTool for free and create it as a custom gesture (Application Exposé).

3. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

I'm using a MBP with a trackpad, but when I 3 finger swipe down, nothing happens. Is there a way to view all the windows as in SL that I'm missing?

4. JulieBMurphy macrumors newbie

In Lion, 3 fingers swipe down will show all windows of the same app...

5. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Okay, when I 3 finger swipe down, nothing happens. However, when I 3 finger swipe up, this is all that happens. In this view, I still cannot view all the PDFs on screen by tittle or by a large thumbnail view. Am I still missing something?

Attached Files:

6. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Ok, I think I got it. I had to enable it in settings, obviously. The preview program has to be selected and then I 3 finger swipe down from the desktop. I was doing the gesture from the mission control (?) view. (as in the picture)

Thank you, I think this should work for me now!