Apple Screwed Up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iCantwait, Sep 15, 2007.

1. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

i reckon apple screwed up the whole ipod touch thing, I LOVE THE IPODtouch 100% but the ordering is crap, in the US (i am australian btw) the ppl who orded online should of received theres on the same day as the retail stores, it should arrive worldwide around the same time and there should be only very few duds. i have seen reports of a lack of OS and only 8gb on a 16gb. other ppl are getting dud screens. I JUST WANT MY FRIKKING IPOD TO ARRIVE

2. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I agree with you. I ordered mine on the 5th Sept and it probably wont arrive before the 3rd October (like most people). I suppose the only positive thing is that hopefully by then somebody will have perfected adding applications to it. I would hate to turn it into a paper weight.

On another note I have been waiting weeks for the new Apple Wireless Keyboard. Ordered on the 9th Aug and should be delivered on the 27th Sept (7 weeks). So much for the 3-5 weeks! What pees me off is that people in the US already have them.

3. awmazz macrumors 65816

I have to agree it's all been very sloppy.

Photoshopped iPhone screens with bluetooth and mail icons, features advertised then removed, parts of the manual copy&pasted from an iPhone manual so contains errors, week-old pre-orders directly with Apple still pending while some place called Best Buy has them on their shelves?

4. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

why should 'only authorised resellers' get the touch b4 online orders? i can understand an official apple store getting them but places like best buy? WTF

i want my touch dammit

5. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

I just called 1800 My Apple and they gave me $50 bucks off my Touch. Just be courteous and patient and explain how disappointed you are.

6. Dijo John macrumors member

$50 off :eek::eek: simply for the delay in shipping? :eek:

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

nothing changes the fact that i dont have it in my hand, not even if it were free

8. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

They probably looked at my account and saw that I've spent $5,000+ on Apple products over the past 3 years.

I think I also got lucky too. A bird crapped on me a couple weeks ago and a dragonfly went up my pants a few days later. Maybe those things really do bring luck :p

9. ilikecake macrumors newbie

It also doesn't change the fact that when you bought it online it clearly said 'Estimated Shipping: By Sep 28th' and estimated delivery in October.

Hey, I know it sucks that people have managed to just waltz into an Apple store and buy one, maybe even unfair, but its not like Apple have put you in a worse position than you were when you preordered.

10. BII macrumors member

yeah, sucks that that waltzed into a best buy and bought it, when i had ordered it the day after steve-o announced it. that really sucks, and i let the csr that cancelled my order know that.

11. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

This is not a new problem. I suggest reading this thread, and contacting Apple.

The only way for them to take action (like they did on the iPhone rebate) would be to complain directly to Apple about it!

12. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm pretty upset too :( I really want my ipod touch and my apple wireless keyboard isnt due to ship until end of Oct! :(