Apple Script for Time Capsule Reboot

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by smotania, Apr 25, 2013.

1. smotania macrumors member

smotania

Hi my time capsule is having problem lately, slow speeds, i cant access its data on the hard drive. I cant even restart it from the AirPort utility i have to unplug the power source. So i googled for some solution and found this Article, but the script doesn't work on Mountain Lion. I hope someone from here will be able to help me with it.
    Thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That is a GUI script that restarts it via Airport Utility. If you manually can't restart it via Airport Utility, that script won't be able to either.

3. smotania thread starter macrumors member

smotania

Yes but if the script restart the Capsule like once a week or so, I dont think that i will have to do it manually(form the power source). Sometime I'm able to restart it from my iPhone.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You'll have to rewrite the script to use the new (awful) Airport Utility instead of the older one.

5. smotania thread starter macrumors member

smotania

if I knew how I would. Thats why I write here if someone else know how.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I tinkered with the script a bit and the problem is the menu choice needed to restart is not active until you manually select (click) the Time Capsule in Airport Utillity, and I don't see a way to do that in Applescript.

Here is an alternative. Follow this to install the old Airport Utility and you can use the script you found with it. The old Airport Utility and the new one can coexist in the same /Applications/Utilities folder.

[​IMG]

7. smotania thread starter macrumors member

smotania