Apple SD Card Reader Issues iPad 2 16GB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by volzalum, Sep 13, 2012.

1. volzalum macrumors member

Does anyone have a non-jailbroken iPad 2 16GB that is able to import photos from a 32GB SDHC card using Apple's Camera Connection Kit SD card reader?

The reader shows up on the iPad under Settings>General>About, but the photo app never adds the camera header to allow photos or videos to be imported. The same reader/card work fine on iPad 2 64GB and brings up the camera section and imports movies with no problem.

The only difference I can find on the non-working iPad is that it is a 16GB iPad. They are both running iOS 5.1.1, so I am curious if the iPad SD reader is limited to SD cards that are smaller than the iPad size. I have not tried a smaller card yet since the 32GB card works on the 64GB iPad.

2. volzalum thread starter macrumors member

*Bump* Has no one had this issue? This one is hard for me to diagnose as my father has it and he is currently located in Selawik, AK while I am in Knoxville, TN. I am trying to use the SD card to send him movies he can play out of his photo app since their internet is capped at 5GB per month.

The movies play on his neighbors iPad but it is also a 64GB version, not a 16GB version like the troubled one.